Please ask Jorg about CB Paint 2 at MGT

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Please ask Jorg about CB Paint 2 at MGT

Post by ParisFox1 »

Hi March Get Together goers,

Would someone ask Jorg what is the status of CB Paint 2. It doesn't seem like any progress has been made on the project to convert it to Bogart SE. I would like to know if he is going to abandon the project? If this is the case, this will determine if I invest in a S-4100? :roll:

Thanks in advance!
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: Please ask Jorg about CB Paint 2 at MGT

Post by IanPearson »

Paris
In my limited understanding, I believe the S4100 has been developed as a replacement for the S4000, using more standard components. This includes a return to air cooling, etc. It is not as pretty as the S4000, but a more commercial look and size.

I believe this will enable the continuation of the model, without having to resort to fitting none standard parts that may have a shorter availability.

This strategy has not only made the processing faster, but I believe at a lower cost than it’s predecessor, well at least it has here in the UK.

However, similar to you I have not yet made the jump from my Solitaire to one of the series three machines. Very unlike me, I have been sitting on the fence to see how things develop, but hope to make the jump very soon.

Therefore I agree, it would be very helpful if the MGT were to lobby Jörg as to the reasoning and strategy of this model. I am also sure this will be one of the primary topics at the MGT.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

I will definitely ask about CB Paint at the MGT, but I don't have huge expectations about it. So few of us use CB Paint that I don't see how it makes business sense for MS to invest in reprogramming it to run on Linux. Plus there are so many problems with the S4000 and Bogart. Basic transitions and IP effects don't work properly, so many of the add on software packs are still not compatible and there's a slew of other major bugs. I just don't see CB Paint being a big priority. Thats just my gut feeling......

You might want to start thinking "After Effects". Thats what I'm doing.
IanPearson wrote:I believe the S4100 has been developed as a replacement for the S4000, using more standard components.
More standard components? That doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings about my S4000. Not that I had many left for it anyhow. :(
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
ROB965
Casablanca Unit: S400Pro and ALL CURRENT SOFTWARE
HI-DEF CAMERA: JVC GY-HD200U,JVC GY-DV5000,JVC BR-HD50 DECK
1 HI DEF wide sreen tv,atomic fuel animation volumes 1-4 , 5-8

Post by ROB965 »

Chris, if what you are saying is true, i would prefer MSU to return to me my old solataire, and I will send back their S4000 PRO. Without CB Paint 2, Photo studo 2, AKABA, and PIP 3D, this machine is nothing but an old Avio. I will take my loss and say GOODBYE to MSU for good.
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

Me to "I would prefer MSU to return to me my old solataire, and I will send back their S4000 PRO. Without CB Paint 2"
CB Paint is a must when doing TV Programs and Commercials.
Software not compatible and the stress of the money spent on this unit is Mading. MS help us soon!
Roger
'
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

i would prefer MSU to return to me my old solataire, and I will send back their S4000 PRO
Get in line. :D

That sentiment is becoming more and more prevalent from S4000Pro users I talk to, but don't hold your breath on that one.

It would be the right thing for the company to do in my opinion for those tired of waiting for vaporware and to date failed promises of functionality and capabilities and a great magnamimous gesture, but I don't see any way the company could actually afford to do it financially in the current meltdown state of global economics. :(
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

CB PAINT is needed NOW!!!!! I love CB PAINT.

Luckily, I still have my Solitaire and CB PAINT but I need the faster processing that we are promised with the "S4000 model for CB PAINTERS.
ParisFox1
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

I would like to know from Jorg if this software is still in the cards at all or will they abandon the project. If the latter is so, this will be my determining factor to not upgrade anymore with MS products.
CliffHawkins
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
Solitaire SE 8.0

Post by CliffHawkins »

In getting ready to purchase my S-4000 Pro, I upgraded to CB Paint on my Avio that was to be traded in for my S-4000 Pro. I was told that CB Paint 2 would not work in my Avio, but I said that CB Paint 2 was being upgraded to be transfered to my S-4000 Pro. I did so because I we were told that CB Paint was being re-written to work on the Cassie III machines. If not, then I paid to upgrade a product that will not work on either machine. :cry:
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1
ParisFox1
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

It would be unwise for MSDE not to continue the Cb Paint program with TV Paint. Being in sales all of my life selling high end Video equipment, most of the time people would come in my shop and buy the models just down from the most expensive. I realized after making many sales that if I did not have the most expensive model in stock or at least a demo model, I would not be selling anything. It was the look of the most expensive model that drove the sale of the one right below it.

CB Paint 2 is HIGH END for the Casablanca product line. I know many things need to be fixed on the S-4000 series. Heck, I have one myself, and it is not what my hard earned dollars hoped for. I feel I should of kept my RENO PLUS. I, at lease had CB Paint I could work with. I upgraded to have more power to render projects and for the so called MEDIA MANAGER, it needs a lot of attension

What worries me is if you don't talk about a product for a long while, neither give updates of its progress, it is as good as a dead program. :x