CB PAINTERS-I HAVE AN IDEA!

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

CB PAINTERS-I HAVE AN IDEA!

Post by LouBruno »

As all of us CB PAINT users are aware, there is minimal support for training as it relates to CB PAINT. There are two CB PAINT tutorial training DVD's available from MSUS. Chet, is also going to expand his knowledge in the future with a CB PAINT tutorial. http://www.casablancaexpert.com

However, many of us have advanced beyond the basics and most of the advanced features presented in the currently available training material. The TV PAINT area forum for CB PAINT owners borders on the ridiculous as when posting a question in the CB PAINT area of the TV PAINT forum, there is seldom any answer or support. I am sure we all feel neglected and like lost children on the TV PAINT forum. Just look at the lack of replies. http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewforum. ... a17eef8427

SO...I propose the following: I can start a YAHOO discussion group which I would moderate to keep the spammers out. In this group, we can help educate each other and share any related knowledge about CB PAINT. If I have enough responses, I can set up the YAHOO group and advise members of the link to join.

In closing, we can pool our own resources together to educate and teach each other and hopefully educate new users who have CB PAINT but never attempted to utilize the features.
Last edited by LouBruno on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Re: CB PAINTERS-I HAVE AN IDEA!

Post by ParisFox1 »

Hi Lou,

I think that is an excellent idea! I only have an S-4000 PRO with no CB Paint to use and further experiment with. I have not even tried any of the new features in Version 2. I wanted to become a wiz at Roto-tracking and making nice DVD covers with the High resolution design support akin to Photoshop. Alas, I am without. I still think this is a grand idea and would be very helpful for the CB Paint user community. :)
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Count me in Lou, thats a great idea. My only question is; why don't we just use the discussion board we already have......this one :?:
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Lou, great idea!
Although I have to start from zero again, will wakeup my SolitairePlus.
Like Chris I have the same question, why don't we stay on this forum?
Or would there be the advantage to even post "photographed" screenshots
for better explanations or questions?
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Thanks for the response.

CHRIS-to answer your question:

I currently run the listserve for our video association. There is alot of back and forth when it comes to specific technical questions. The listserve uses the owners designated e-mail system to go back and forth like Carrolls listserve. There is also a group ARCHIVE and if the listserve member wishes, he does NOT have to receive e-mails but rather check the posting with a direct link. This would save bandwidth on the present BB. ALSO...some procedures require direct contact for a specific problem that others may not care to address. EX: Rototracking. Glad to have you aboard. Hopefully, we can pass the word to other owners of CB PAINT.

ChrisStone wrote:Count me in Lou, thats a great idea. My only question is; why don't we just use the discussion board we already have......this one :?:
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

I'm not familiar with a "listserve". Can you post photos (screenshots) and link videos to it like we can on this board?
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Yes....we will be able to send attachments of JPEGS from our own computers.

Yes..you can post a question directly from your e-mail address rather than going to the group's webpage.

YES...we can use Vimeo or You Tube as a link

Again, this was just a suggestion or an idea.

I can always try it and disband the group.
HansJoachimKoenig wrote:Hi Lou, great idea!
Although I have to start from zero again, will wakeup my SolitairePlus.
Like Chris I have the same question, why don't we stay on this forum?
Or would there be the advantage to even post "photographed" screenshots
for better explanations or questions?
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

I like the idea Lou.
I hate typing!
I made a small tutorial on CB Paint1 when It first came out.
using Quad Cam and 3 cameras
Cam 1 on the VGA screen
Cam 2 on the video screen
Cam 3 on the key board
Far from great!
Will give it to anyone that wants it.
Roger
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

OK....next weekend, I will take time to set-up the CB PAINT group. All we can do is give it a try. I think it will work, especially if we can teach each other.
CliffHawkins
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
Solitaire SE 8.0

Post by CliffHawkins »

Looking forward to it Lou.
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1