CB PAINT STATUS

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

CB PAINT STATUS

Post by LouBruno »

It's time to get CB PAINT rolling for the Generation 3 units now!!!!!!
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Re: CB PAINT STATUS

Post by Alan »

A brows of the TV Paint site recently suggests they are working on TV Paint 9.5. This appears to have features that make it easier to edit HD projects. There is an artist who is using a new version to do a video on Joshua Slokum. Check it out I may be wrong. Lets hope they are also doing a version for us. My guess is that it would be an upgrade so we will have to pay for it. I will not quibble over this as no one can work for nothing.

Cheers Alan
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

I would strongly suggest you get every single MacroSystem CB Paint enthusiast and user to write directly to TV Paint requesting a version for the MS third generation Linux based machines.

The bottom line is demand drives research and development.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

That might help, but getting them to recode a windows based program into Linux, for a program that sold about 30 full priced copies in North America is a long shot.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

30? That's it? Fat Chance we will ever see this. I can't even get a reply on the TV PAINT FORUM or from Germany either.

ChrisStone wrote:That might help, but getting them to recode a windows based program into Linux, for a program that sold about 30 full priced copies in North America is a long shot.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

No, you are right, if the market is a mere thirty people there is no way a company is going to put the effort to transcode a software from Windows to Linux, especially one so complex as CB Paint. :(
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

Keep in mind that TV Paint may need to transcode to linux anyway. There is an increasing number of Linux systems in use. I no longer use windows, Ubuntu is now my system of choice. It is stable and needs no elaborate protection software. It also has its own office applications and reads MS documents. What is more it is free.

Cheers Alan
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

I would love to see CB Paint 2 rolled out for my Casablanca S-4000 Pro, but in reality this may not happen for a while. I think it will happen, but when that time is, it will be when TV paint transcodes for PC Linux users.

In the mean time I am buying a Mac Pro tower and TV Paint Animation PRO 9. This hardware will be dedicated to just serving this program in all of its glory. I am missing my CB paint too much to just go over to a completely different platform when I have been so happy with this. I will still use my S-4000 Pro as my main editor and when CB paint 2 comes for it both of us will be profoundly happy.

Until then, I will learn TV Paint animation Pro 9. I am sure the similarities will show forth. I will transfer back and forth between machinies when I am doing my extensive Rototracking, layer building, advanced Chroma Keying and the like.
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Hey ParisFox
I'd love to see some of your CB Paint work. Can you post a link to something we can watch online?
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5