CB Paint soon???

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

CB Paint soon???

Post by Alan »

Browsing the TV Paint site I notice that they hope to release version 9.5 in September. I wonder if they will start work on our CB Paint then for Bogart?

Cheers Alan.
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Re: CB Paint soon???

Post by ChrisStone »

I guess you can never say never, but I wouldn't count on it. Macrosystem only sold around 30 full price copies of that wonderful program here in North America. So according to Mr. Sprave it just doesn't make economic sense to pay for another version written in Linux code (Bogart).

That was the last I heard. Maybe someone else has differing/more current info.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
Alan

Post by Alan »

Certainly in the short term it does not make economic sense. But in the longer term it might be different. Those that have CBpaint are usually core supporters of our Cassi editors, we are the ones who 'sell' by our enthusiasm the product to others. I understand the original idea to have CBpaint was to provide a fully professional package to lift the product range up and out from it's hobby status. Has that aim been abandoned? From a personal point of view if CBpaint is not eventually made available to us I will most likely drift away from Cassi. I doubt if I am alone. Am I?

What price do you place on future business against short term saving? It's an important question. One of the reasons Britain lost its position in manufacturing industry was short term gain in exchange for long term loss.

Alan.
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

CB Paint was the reason I Stayed with Macro Systems!
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

So many times I want to do an outstanding effect and I can't because there in no CB PAINT!! We need it NOW..................
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

Not to harp on such a touchy subject but i have always found After Effects more intuitive and easier to use. But i guess the entire argument is based on not wanting to have to leave the Casablanca for a more polished project.

My 2 cents

Seth
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Quiet in here . . . ?

Alan

Post by Alan »

I've had a look at the TVPaint comments about 9.5, it seems to have been well received. I wonder if those of us with CBPaint are now so disillusioned with Macro System that they have given up ever expecting to see it? I get the impression that TVPaint are still willing to do it. I guess most CBPaint users are in America, its not like the Americans to give up is it?

Cheers Alan.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

"I WANT MY CB PAINT."
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Lou,

What a lovely photo. Thats exactly how I feel, I've not yet thrown the toys out of my pram yet because if I do I shan't be able to play with them.

What I would be satisfied with is a clear policy statement from MacroSystem about the future of CBPaint.

Alan