I still want my CB PAINT!!!

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

I still want my CB PAINT!!!

Post by LouBruno »

Ok, I feel better now-just vented and let off steam. :-)

Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Re: I still want my CB PAINT!!!

Post by Alan »

Are !!! :roll: but is it wafting down the corridors of MacroSystem?

The last comment I saw from TVPaint was they they are waiting for a decision from MacroSystem. My guess is all they need is money.

Cheers Alan
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

I feel the same way. I finally decided to invest in TV Paint instead with a new MAC PRO. TV Paint 9.5 PRO is so much more powerful than CB Paint. I use TV Paint for my larger projects and eventually CB Paint for my smaller Casablanca projects. I would rather have TV Paint than After Effects. It is well worth the investment.
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

My Videos will never be the same! CB Paint made them GREAT!
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
Alan

Post by Alan »

If we eventually get CBpaint my guess is that it will have most of the 9.5 features and we will have to pay an upgrade price for it. Has Chet any feed back from his survey yet?
Have a good Christmas all.
Alan
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

What do you like better about TV Paint than After Effects?

Seth Hampton
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
ParisFox1
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

ASHampton wrote:What do you like better about TV Paint than After Effects?

Seth Hampton

Hi Seth,

In one word, "EVERYTHING". I find CB Paint to be intuitive, powerful, versatile and allows me to not think so much about the learning curve but rather to just sit back and be creative. I leaned CB Paint without picking up a manuel. I just clicked and played and experimented until I got things how I liked them. It has all the tools that I ever needed to do 2D compositing and effects.

Alas, since Cb Paint and its upgrade to version 2 is not currently available for my Casablanca S-4000 PRO, I bought a MAC PRO and in the process of ordering my own copy of TV Paint PRO 9.5. I bought the hardware just to support this software when I do my effects work.

When CB Paint is released I plan to use both CB Paint and TV Paint together. I do all of my sound mix in Logic Studio with Soundtrack Pro 3. For smaller projects, Bogart 3 will be sufficient. I am using my Mac Pro seamlessly with my Casablanca. What one machine will not do the other picks up the slack without too many headaches.
Alan

Post by Alan »

How is your Mac and Cassi integrated? How do you transfer data between them?

Cheers Alan
ParisFox1
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

Alan wrote:How is your Mac and Cassi integrated? How do you transfer data between them?

Cheers Alan
After filming with my Panasonic DVX100b (more impressed with this camera, than the HD varieties) I load the footage into my S-4000 PRO for editing. After I come to a final cut, since my S-4000 PRO will now support my Sony DHR-1000 DV deck, I make a copy out to tape. I take the tape and with the purchase of Final Cut Express 3 on my Mac Pro, I load the footage. I can then work in TV Paint animation Pro and do my final sound mix with the pplethera of tools found in Logic 9 (Soundtrack Pro 3).

Once I have my final mix, I simply make a Master Quicktime file which goes back to Final Cut Express, back out to tape and into my S-4000 Pro for the DVD to be made. It is kind of old fashioned. Since I prefer to continue to work in SD with my Panasonic camera, my workflow is faster than HD.

Why do it this way. I like both machines. For smaller projects I will do most stuff on my Cassie. For bigger projects that need visual effects compositing and an elaborate sound mix, I use Soundtrack Pro 3. Plus, TAPE is all I trust for long term archiving. I played a tape from 1998 I have not played since I filmed it with absolutely no problems. Tape in my opinion is still KING.

When CB Paint 2 finally comes out, I will do some stuff in that app and some stuff in TV Paint, ALL DEPENDS.
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

I find CB Paint to be intuitive, powerful, versatile
To me CBPaint was everything but it was NOT intuitive...
I was very glad and thankful to learn all the basics from the TVPaint team in France when I visited them.
Volker Hill - Germany