Drop Outs & Pixelization

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
MarkHendrix
Casablanca Unit: Prestige & Liberty Plus

Drop Outs & Pixelization

Post by MarkHendrix »

I apologize in advance...all I know about CB Paint is what I've read in the PDF file. I understand that CB Paint can do an amazing amount of things and it would be great to own it but right now I'm just looking to fill in some pretty serious drop outs on some footage I would love to use. I've read and also been told on the forum that you can use Akaba to fill in drop outs but it is a painstaking process one frame at a time...I was wondering if CB paint could do the same only better.

Thanks for your help,
Mark
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Re: Drop Outs & Pixelization

Post by ChrisStone »

Mark
CB Paint will always be preferable to use over Akaba. If the pixelation is over a non moving background then you can simply make a brush (mask) of the background and then apply it over the pixelated part. If the pixelation is on a moving background or subject then you would have to paint over the pixelation frame by frame but it will be much faster and look much better than Akaba.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
MarkHendrix
Casablanca Unit: Prestige & Liberty Plus

Post by MarkHendrix »

Thanks for the reply...I will check it out.
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

With CBPaint 2, you will have a tool called "healing tracker"...
This can be used to copy portions of one part of your image to another using a blend/smear/magic mode.
This can be automatically applied to a whole sequence.
But to be honest, performing this is not as easy as the other Smart Edit programs are...
Volker Hill - Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The healing tracker as Volker pointed out is the proper way to eliminate a dropout or dead pixel. The set-up can be tedious if the area surrounding the blemish is "busy." The nice part is the program actually moves along with the blemish. Another way is frame by frame with the panto tool located in the left dropdown menu by the tools. There is also a healing tool as well which differs from the healing tracker. Again...frame by frame.