CB Paint status

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

CB Paint status

Post by Alan »

Here is a reply from TVpaint to a question on the future of CBpaint. It was posted in January this year.
------------------------------------
We would really like to upgrade the existing products on Bogart, really !

However, in spite of the arrival of Loewe and our numerous proposals, we have currently no serious answer about the financing.
They also said we would receive a new Bogart computer with the new Linux SDK, we are still waiting for it.

Upgrading our products will require several months of work, please understand that our developpers can unfortunalety not work for free ... :(

At the moment, I have unfortunalety no other possibility than telling you to upgrade to TVP Animation 9.5.
Fabrice Debarge, Sales Manager, TVPaint Team
Ask me if you need animbruhes !
http://www.tvpaint.com/
-------------------------------------------
I am very impressed by the response of the TVpaint team to all the questions from their users both with 'how to' assistance and recognizing and solving bugs. They also have a Beta Linux version out for customer testing. They do not have to rewrite the whole thing for us.

Alan
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Re: CB Paint status

Post by ParisFox1 »

Alan wrote:Here is a reply from TVpaint to a question on the future of CBpaint. It was posted in January this year.
------------------------------------
We would really like to upgrade the existing products on Bogart, really !

However, in spite of the arrival of Loewe and our numerous proposals, we have currently no serious answer about the financing.
They also said we would receive a new Bogart computer with the new Linux SDK, we are still waiting for it.

Upgrading our products will require several months of work, please understand that our developpers can unfortunalety not work for free ... :(

At the moment, I have unfortunalety no other possibility than telling you to upgrade to TVP Animation 9.5.
Fabrice Debarge, Sales Manager, TVPaint Team
Ask me if you need animbruhes !
http://www.tvpaint.com/
-------------------------------------------
I am very impressed by the response of the TVpaint team to all the questions from their users both with 'how to' assistance and recognizing and solving bugs. They also have a Beta Linux version out for customer testing. They do not have to rewrite the whole thing for us.

Alan
Alan,

I am also very impressed by the TV Paint company. They are honest and good on their word. They also communicate very well. I went a head and bought a Mac Pro tower just so that I could use TVP Animation Pro 9.5. It is very much like CB Paint 2 but with more features. I would still like to see CB Paint 3 for Bogart SE machines. I still have my S-4000 PRO and can't wait to use it with Bogart SE 3. I use TV Paint 9.5 for mostly graphic work for print. I would like to use CB Paint with my Casablanca to handle all of my video work.

It will be interesting to see if Macrosystem DE lets TV Paint have an SDK computer for writing a Bogart compatible CB Paint. It is all about the money now, if Macrossytem wants to pursue CB Paint any further of let it fade into yesteryear.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Has nearly everyone lost interest in Cbpaint? Does the management of MSUS know anything? Is there a conspiracy of silence to discourage any interest in our best add on product?

Alan.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

A few weeks ago I heard TV-Paint has received a casa machine for develloping some
other software for linux system from MS/DE.
So it seems some steps have been made for also a future CBPaint for Bogart. :?:
I'm waiting for CBPaint since May 2008 :roll:
And I have paid for it, but can't use it.
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
Alan

Post by Alan »

Here is a statement MSDE might have made a long time ago.

With the adoption of the new LINUX operating system some existing software notably Cbpaint will not be available on the new machines. Tvpaint will be developing their existing products for use on LINUX operating systems; when this is suficiently well developed we will in partnership with them bring out a new version of Cbpaint. This will have many new features; there will be an upgrade charge for this product.

We know and understand the difficult financial problems faced by the company. Why could they not say something like this?

Alan