Lower Third and Rototracking-ADVANCED CB PAINT 2 Users

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Lower Third and Rototracking-ADVANCED CB PAINT 2 Users

Post by LouBruno »

For those advanced users of CB PAINT 2 who know how to make a lower third via the fill tools etc., here is an excellent tip.

I was watching CNN report and noticed that in a lower third they placed a very short few second scene of the person the commentator was referring to attached to the right of a moving lower third.

The person was shrunk down and placed in a loop.

SO......as an experiment, I made a lower third. I then took a few second scene of my daughter's dog. I rototracked around the dog and made a CUSTOM BRUSH of the dogs motion. I then placed a reduced picture of the custom brush/dog on the right side of the lower third. I need to refine this method in regards to rototracking but it appears very workable as long as there is very limited motion of the subject. It is important also to LOOP the CUSTOM BRUSH in layer 1.

So technically, if you are a wedding or special event editor, you can use a few second moving scene in a loop containing your subjects . Again, it should be noted that a short and precise clip with limited movement will save your rototracking time.

Good Luck!