CB Paint Forum on TV Paint website

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Re: CB Paint Forum on TV Paint website

Post by Alan »

Hi Lou and Hans,

Using a USB Flash Drive:

Export via the OPT button of 1920 x 1080 .avi file will not import to TVP. Neither will it import to Vegas Video.

TVP goes through the motions as seeing it as a an acceptable file then fails to open it.

Vegas says file could not be opened.

The same result occurs with a DV file. This will not play in the Windows player. What can this OPT export function be used for?

Does anyone know what codecs are used by Cassi? would it be possible to load usable codecs into Cassi For the OPT function? Have you tried using Media Manager?

I certainly would like a quick and easy way of linking Cassi to TVP, it should be possible. I have TVP 9.5. I bought the cut down version of Vegas so I could make reliable BlueRay discs and found it was the way to get files to and from Cassi.

Alan

Alan
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Alan,

many thanks again for your testing if Casa AVI-file would be accepted
for inputting to TVPaint.
I don't need a Bluray-Player since I save my finished HD-Projects on harddrives.
Project films are played via WD-Player and HDMI-Cable connected to a full HD-TV.
For saving of HD-Projects I used "Storyboard save-->HDV", Storyboard save-->MTS,
but since Bogart 4.x it is also possible to save scenes via the "Opt" function.
This saving method is far faster and needs no rendering.
And also plays fine in HD quality.
Maybe it is possible importing the Casa AVI-files to the new TVPaint 10?
I will maybe try this with the test version of TVPaint10
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

This saving method is far faster and needs no rendering
Hello Hans,
of course, the Opt function needs rendering time as well (maybe your Cassie is so fast that you don't notice this process) :D

All the best,
Volker
Volker Hill - Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The rendering is a little faster than real time. Some report the AVI files are not up to par. I can report that I simply place the USB stick into the USB port of my Samsung HDTVs and looks great.

But back to the topic:

I want my CB PAINT back in BOGART!!!
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Lou,

Sorry to be so late in replying. File export via the Opt button does not import to TVP. It goes through the hour glass ritual but nothing is loaded. Do you know what this file format is, is it for U tube?

Alan.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

It is an AVI wrapper containing Mpeg-4 or MP-4. Not really clear on this as it is reported as such by German beta testers. Can you convert the AVI file to another codec via many of the free codec conversion softwares or maybe contact TV PAINT support and they can advise us which codec works best. Just a thought.
Alan wrote:Hi Lou,

Sorry to be so late in replying. File export via the Opt button does not import to TVP. It goes through the hour glass ritual but nothing is loaded. Do you know what this file format is, is it for U tube?

Alan.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Lou,

I've just posted this on the TVPaint forum to Dieter.

I am now able to transfer easily between Cassi and TVPaint. Fabrice pointed out to me that Quicktime Pro needed to be installed on my computer. This is a purchasable item from the Apple on line shop, it cost me £20. It now works like this:

Export via 'Opt' function in edit screen to USB stick.

This now imports to TVP via the usual New/Import footage command.

Export from TVP via:
Quicktime RGBA pre multi.
Config H.264
25 fps
Key frame every ? Must not be ticked. It will not save if you leave it ticked.
Leave Limit date rate unticked.
Chose quality, I went for highest.

This imports to Cassi via the USB icon in the record screen.
It seems to need Gamma set to -5 to restore the scene to its original appearance. I did not have to do this when I went via Vegas Video.

There is no need to go through Media Manager. I suspect that Quicktime may not work on scenes less than 2sec long. The scene I have experimented on is 15sec long. My files are HD.

I guess that Media Manager is similar to ffdshow and somehow attached to Bogart.

Best regards Alan.