CB Paint Forum on TV Paint website

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

CB Paint Forum on TV Paint website

Post by chetdavis »

I expect that many of the CB Paint veterans on this forum are already aware of the TV Paint Forum but for those who are not or for folks new to CB Paint software for your Casablanca, I would suggest you also visit
their forum here

NOTE: TV Paint is the developer of CB Paint and CB Paint 2 software for the Casablanca platform. The Forum link above is moderated by their experts who can provide additional answers and ideas to help you get the most from this powerful software!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
videooman
Casablanca Unit: S6000

Re: CB Paint Forum on TV Paint website

Post by videooman »

Chet.... I have been using Bauhaus Mirage for about 7 years now. I'm told it is the model for CB Paint. If I could do the same things in TV Paint within the S6K Bogart 4.1c I would drop Mirage like a bad habit. But it has been very good for me over the years. The big drawback is that I am constantly moving clips to and from my PC from my cassie editor in order to do this. How do I pursue this ??

Danny
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Danny,

It is my understanding as well that most of the functionality of the Brauhaus Mirage software is included in TV Paint's CB Paint software. However this Casablanca version of the software is presently only compatible with the Smart Edit OS (and really only efficient on the faster of the Generation II units like the Renommee/Plus and the Solitaire/Plus. There is no officially word that this software will be ported over to the Bogart OS - see more threads on this issue here: viewforum.php?f=8

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Danny,

Accept that to use this software you will have to continue to port them back and forth between your S6000 and PC as beyond the "no official word", it ain't going to happen.

Many early S4000Pro adopters were sold the gen3 unit with the understanding that ultimately they would be able to use the CB Paint licensing they owned on their gen2 machines on their new machines, but it never happened.

Don't expect any "official word" from MSDE and MSUS as their public policy on news regarding CB Paint on gen3 machines has been consistently non-existent.

In unofficial frank discussions with upper management years ago it was admitted that CB Paint for gen3 machines simply was not going to happen.

The software was a financial failure for the company.

The company that created it went through their own financial crisis and although they survived there are no incentives for them to create a Linux based, MS customized gen3 version.

Nothing has changed to make anyone think it would be a financially viable software today and neither MS or TV Paint are in positions to act as charities, so it ain't gonna happen.

Luckily, you can port between machines so for the few that want the use of a CB Paint substitute they have the option to follow your footsteps and purchase the somewhat more powerful PC version and port away.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

It will NEVER happen. This is a FACT.
videooman
Casablanca Unit: S6000

Post by videooman »

Well it's not the end of the world for me if Cassie doesn't get back to CB/TV Paint. I have figured out how to get product in and out of my PC and S6K. So I will still be using Mirage for the show. But what I need to do is learn the Bogart system and I'm sure soon I will be doing basically all the things I can do in Mirage. Much less transferring and getting back home with the Cassie.

Thanks,

Danny
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Fabrice,

I'm a Casablanca Bogart user having a license for CBPaint2 but release of that program never happened
since early 2008.
Now I'm thinking of finding a way to use TVPaint on my W7 PC/32Bit importing scenes from Casablanca and
exporting those TVPaint scenes back to Casablanca.
I would like to do an experiment.
Which format will be accepted by TVPaint? HD-AVCHD-Files? HD-AVI-Files?
Which output format has TVPaint to be imported again to Casablanca?
To check I would send 2 possible Casablanca-Formats as short scenes on DVD to you.
Maybe you could do some work with TVPaint on those scenes?
And in return export those TVPaint scenes again to a second emty DVD which I also would send to you.
I then could check if those TVPaint scenes can be imported again to Casablanca.

Very interested to read your reply

Many greeting from Berlin
Hans-Joachim König
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

Hi Hans-Joachim König,

I now use TVPaint, and I must say it is very good. The forum is a mine of information an everyone is very helpful. I use Vegas Video as a go between Cassi and TVPaint. I do a story board back up to external HD then import the file to Vegas, then render it to another file for import to TVP. The files are 1080i HD I've not yet done SD. This how it goes.

Render from Vegas for TVP Video for windows .AVI HD1080i 50i YUV

Export from TVP to Vegas AVI Direct show uncompressed YUV RGB upper field first.

Then in Vegas render as Main Concept MPEG-2 HDV 1080 50i saves as .m2t file. This imports to Cassi via Media manager. Attempts to import directly via the USB icon in the record window results in an instantaneous crash. Cassi S4000pro with latest software inc Arabesk 5. I produce my BlueRay discs via Vegas Video, as Arabesk 5 has to many issues.

Cheers Alan.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Alan: Can you import into TV PAINT the AVI file produced by Bogart using the OPT button in the scene bin and saving a scene/SB?
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Alan,

many thanks for your response.
Although your descrptions of procedures may solve the problem,
this is highly complicated for me to do it.
I would also go with Lou Bruno's question in his post.
Is the AVI file excepted directly by TVPaint which can be produced on the Bogart side
using the OPT button for exporting HD scenes on a USB-Stick?
Is it also possible to import this AVI file from USB-Stick directly in TVPaint?
Maybe you would try this for us?
Many thanks in advance
Which TVPaint version do you use?
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany