Who uses CB Paint and who is afraid of using it?

Motion effects, video paint and graphics package
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Who uses CB Paint and who is afraid of using it?

Post by ParisFox1 »

I was curious of the users of Casablanca here in the States, who uses CB Paint/2 and if you do not use it, why? What is keeping you from using it?
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Re: Who uses CB Paint and who is afraid of using it?

Post by jeffphilips »

Part because of price for all the gadgets. Part because I am not sure how I would use it in my productions. Not sure how steep is the learning curve. I am still not real sure what all it can do. The demos I have seen of the animations are cool, but not professional looking enough for my productions. It still looks fake, in my opinion.
If anyone has examples of how they used it in corporate or tv commercials, I would really like to see them.

I am most interested in doing creative things with text. Either in how they move or how the text looks. I also would like to make logos 3-d. I do a lot of sporting events. The teams are always asking if I can animate their logo in 3-d.
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

I use CB Paint 2 on an almost daily basis. Primarily I use it for creating animated graphics and animated text. The text in CB Paint is so much better than the text program in Smart Edit. A few samples are on my YouTube Channel. Check out the "Station ID" clip.
http://www.youtube.com/EISProductions

Unfortunately CB Paint is not a 3D program. One of the few training DVD's on this program calls it a 2 and a half D program :D By using different textures, shading and drop shadows you can create the illusion of depth but you cant create true 3D.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

Chris, I really like your COBB FiRE clip!
I would love to know how you did it. Hope you can share.
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

If you want ideas and to find out what CBpaint can do go to the TV paint web site, our CBpaint is the same as TVpaint 9 I think. It is a top professional program. In the UK I've seen microsoft ads that I am sure have been done in it. There are lots of tutorials as well.

Cheers Alan
ParisFox1
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S-4000 PRO
All Current Software

Post by ParisFox1 »

I am so glad that I am not the only using CB Paint. This program as you know is very important to my productions. I wish they could give us in CB Paint 2 the same capabilities that we have in Title Deluxe 3D, but with all kinds of objects, AnimBrushes and the sort.

My S-4000 Pro misses Cb Paint 2 terribly. There are many projects on the back burner until TV Paint DEVELOPMENT finds a way to make CB Paint 2 for the new generation of Casablanca.
roger915
Casablanca Unit: 4000 Pro
Solitaire Plus
Kron Plus
Avio

Post by roger915 »

My 4000 Pro needs CB Paint 2 NOW!
Back to the Solitaire Plus to use CB 2, then back in to the 4000 pro to finish.
It is my number 1 Software used!
Roger
4000 Pro OS 2.4C
Sony HVR-HD 1000u
Solitaire Plus-8.0 four 300gb Drives
CB Paint 2
All Software
Kron Pus-8.0-Two 300gb Drives
All Software
Avio-Most Software
3 Cassie Classics
4 JVC GY-DV5000 Cameras
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I am with you!!!

I just did some outstanding effects on a travel video taken in ROME. There was a pattern of BIRDS flying over Vatican City forming a dark dismal cloud formation which changed in a geometric pattern over and over. I was able to pixel track and add beautiful sparkle particles within this cloud of birds via CB PAINT 2. Of course it was my SOLITAIRE.

It seems like TV PAINT is taking their time or NOT taking CB PAINTERS serious in expediting the release of the new edition.

So many times I read of users wanting a certain effect that takes two or three softwares to produce when we can produce the same effect with ONE dropdown effect in CB PAINT.

This brings me to a solution. NEW CB PAINTERS need more training and support either by training DVD's or ON-SITE tutorials linked to TV PAINT's webpage.
roger915 wrote:My 4000 Pro needs CB Paint 2 NOW!
Back to the Solitaire Plus to use CB 2, then back in to the 4000 pro to finish.
It is my number 1 Software used!
Roger
CliffHawkins
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
Solitaire SE 8.0

Post by CliffHawkins »

I purchashed CB Paint 2 on my trade in for my S-400 Pro. So add me to the list of those who are waiting. Hey Lou, great idea about more Training DVD's. Also training on TV-Paints Web site would be nice also.
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

'It seems like TV PAINT is taking their time or NOT taking CB PAINTERS serious in expediting the release of the new edition.'

If you go through the CBpaint section of TVpaint you will find the comment that TVpaint is waiting for information from Macrosystem.

I feel that as customers we are poorly informed as to when our products will be available. Soon might be next week or next year. If I say to a client, 'I will have this done in a month and do it in three weeks.' they are delighted. If it becomes two or three months they are very upset and I will have let them down and lost my reputation. What do you think?

Cheers Alan UK