Entry level DSLR

A place to talk equipment, other than Casablanca
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Entry level DSLR

Post by JBrooks »

DSLR cameras are great but I still prefer a full blown large sensor HD video camera like the EX1. Sony's new 200 HD cam will utilize the full HD422 spectrum for broadcast specifications. I have played around with DSLR's, but just prefer HD cams. I just contracted a video project for a national restaurants chain & will be utilizing the EX1. I know alot of wedding companies are using them which is great but they are shooting stills with them at the same time so that's why the DSLR generation has pretty much taken over the wedding video market. I have not had 1 cold call for a wedding in nearly a year. One of the things I mention to the bride is even though the DSLR guys can shoot stills & video at the same time, your going to basically get the same shots & angles on the videos & stills.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hey Joel !! how many lenses the EX 1 use ? I never have one of this camcorders..

Franklin
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Hi Franklin,

You can attach telephoto & wide lens extenders, but for what I shoot, the 14x Fuginon lens has a very good wide & descent telephoto ratio.

Joel
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hey Joel !! nice,that is one of the things I miss in DSLR,I have a 70-200 lens,but to zoom slow like camcorders is IMPOSSIBLE,but
the quality of DSLR is amazing !!

Thanks Franklin :)
andra
Casablanca Unit: prestige, basic model not many bells and whistles, yet!

Post by andra »

just curious but what would be the easiest way to get DSLR video off the card and into an very old prestige for editing...think 1st gen prestige.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I haven't seen a lot written about it, but I think you can do it using a pc or mac in the process. You would load the card into the computer first. Then you would convert the DSLR footage to DV using a conversion program. Then put the converted footage on the timeline of a basic editing program, like Windows Movie Maker, and play it out of the pc and into your Prestige. I have heard that there is a program for the mac that can do this also.

I haven't done this yet myself, but I am looking into a conversion program for the pc that can accomplish what I've outlined above. If anyone has done this I'd appreciate some insight. For me it's a temporary measure until I get a new pc and Bogart for Windows.
Craig Newman