No votes
CANON
50%

Total votes: 24

ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Whats Your Preferred Camera Brand?

Post by ASHampton »

Take a minute to vote for your favorite camera manufacturer!
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Whats Your Preferred Camera Brand?

Post by JBrooks »

Sony.

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Post by Lowell »

Panasonic
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Sony but I have 2 Sony's and 2 Panasonic. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Oh, tough choice for me. Started with Panasonic and JVC ("back in the day", as youngsters today will say) I was a Sony devotee for a long time. But - due probably in no small part to a friend whose initials are S.H - I am becoming more and more of a Canon fan :D

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
gvprod
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus

Post by gvprod »

all sony.......
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

Voted for Sony (used DVcam for a looooong time) due to experience with a DSR 30 deck, DSR 300, DSR 500, DSR 150 & Pd100a cameras. However, the only non-Sony cameras I have used were in the Hi-8 & VHS formats (quite a few years ago). So my vote is not an open-minded vote.

Sigh...

I am still shopping (always looking for more $$$$$) for that newest high-end HD camera, (compatible with the S6000 editor through to BluRay authoring and widest compatible BluRay disc to player ratio), that will give me the quality bit-rate (50Mbps? or does the S6000 peak at 35 Mbps?), best chroma-keying (4-2-2? or can the S6000 do 4-4-4?) and 'on-the-screen' quality 'cinematic look' (most important to me is THE image LOOK!). Yes, I know how to deal with all the manual settings, getting proper 'film-look' lighting and recording proper audio... still not sure on what is better, (NEX-FS700UK Super 35) AVCHD or (PMW-200 XDCAM) MPEG HD422 or XDCAM HD?

Always seeking the newest, best-for-use over-the-next-5-years camera... while still using my excellent-shape (12 years old) DSR 300 and DSR 150 until that time I have pulled the cash and made that HD leap!
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

Thanks to those who have taken the 3-5 seconds it takes to answer the POLL question! HMMMMM.....looks like we have over 100 views....and only 16 votes! What gives?
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Seth,

I've been staring at that question since you first posted it - and I still can't answer it. For me the camera is a tool that has to fit into my editing work flow, offer the best performance and set of features and fit into my budget. Because new models from different manufacturers are introduced every few months, it's hard to answer.

All of the above being said, I'm not up on all of the latest models but I think a Sony like Joel has would be pretty nice!
Craig Newman
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Canon DSLR here at this time,sony last year when I used video 60i interlace !.. :roll: