RE: New Casablanca 4 Studio Models

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: RE: New Casablanca 4 Studio Models

Post by LouBruno »

Did this include the acceleration of the 1-7 chip for rendering? Curious
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

Thanks for the info. I have had 3 Avios (different version units) Scarts were very delicate. The last one had the molded on/off switch break off, so I had an electrical engineer at my company install a real switch. I have had the 4000 worked fine till the soldered in batteries died. I currently have the 6000 with a LCD display (used for what?) A glass front that hides the DVD eject button as well as a hidden reset button. The Software over the years has gotten better and it is easy to use, so if I can buy a US made or built machine with the same specifications as required for use with the windows software, I would look at that option. I currently use a HP Z800 with 12GB ram at work to design machinery using SolidWorks cad software.
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

I would be very cautious with the information coming from Videoman53. He says building a PC System is the way to go, but just today he had to get another PC, and we had to give him new codes. I hope after 6 weeks you can finally get your new PC to work, as all your questions in the Bogart for Windows section, and elsewhere are adding up to a lot of hours for me and your dealer....I don't know how you can talk like you know something about PC's, because you have them built by someone else. Your dealer told you not to use the first builder, but you went ahead and used him anyway. I hope you finally get lucky with a builder, and we can get our lives back, and you can finally edit.

I would appreciate it if would you would go back correct all your errors on all your posts, or I will go back and clean them up.

Lou and I have tested dozens of PC's that have super specs, but our software was specially written for our hardware to maximize performance, and all our models beat them handily. You could have made $10,000 on projects with all the time you are wasting trying to save a few hundred, since that $1700 you supposedly saved, is now much less after you had to buy another PC.

When this one doesn't work, buy the Casablanca 4 Studio for $1400 less than the Studio Pro. It will beat whatever off the shelf hardware you buy.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

No Lou,
It didn't have hardware acceleration or the Smart Booster Technology.
Hopefully his new PC build will work but I doubt it.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

Doesn't matter whether i7 or new AMD ( 8- core Fx 9590 4.7-5.0GHz speed)with an EVGA graphics card :
EVGA 06G-P4-4995-KR GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC+ w/ACX BP Video Card
6GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Core Clock 1102MHz
Boost Clock 1190MHz
build this into a PC and it will run circles around Cassie 4's for UNDER $2100
Videoman53, you wrote the above on July 15.
Either it is the system that never worked for you, or the new one you got today, which it was impossible to try with Gold (which activates HW acceleration if you have the right HW and proper PC settings), until I gave you the codes a few hours ago.
Either way it is a gross misrepresentation of your PC building experience, and the Casablanca 4's which just came out.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

I can say from first hand experience that the Studio Pro is a well designed and blazing fast system. The build in smart booster technology is a huge time saver for both HD creation and even SD down-converts. I am very pleased with the modernization of the hardware design. Included is a high tech thin design keyboard and mouse too. I highly recommend getting into this system. It is well worth the investment.

Joel Brooks-MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

1) you won't find Bogart currently on any comparison platform. When there is no English manual, this would be useless and some more add-on software would also be nice if you compare the brand new Bogart Windows to some year old PC software. This is no problem for Casablanca owners, because both worlds can be combined and scenes for special effects can be easily transferred. But it is useless to count "points".

2) The most comparison pages are just doing that: counting points. If one software got 300 transitions and 99 video-tracks (even nobody uses) it get's better ratings then any software with a good selection of 20 transitions. I don't think these "points" will help. The big advantage of Bogart is it's very easy and fast usage. But this workflow can never be measured with any points a comparison page can give. ~13-14 years ago there was a speed challenge with a Casablanca Kron (~400 MHz) against a PC with Fast or Pinnacle software. Although the PC hardware was at least twice as fast - Joerg Sprave and Kron won :!: Now the PC hardware got even faster these 13-14 years. But Casablanca-4 got these fast parts and it is still the workflow that makes the difference. ;)

3) one major thing :arrow: Buying a Casablanca-4 also means to support the future of Bogart development :!: The Casablanca-4 units are built in Germany and shipping, assurance, warranty,.. are surly more expensive then shipping containers of PC's from China to America. It is your decision if you just support the hardware parts manufacturer in China - or invest in the future of the MacroMotion development with a Casablanca-4. :idea:
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

Does the new software package tell you what hardware requirements are? Most software packages do. If there is something special required, I hope they tell the purchaser.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Videoman53,

I read your post several times and didn't see information you should have included if you wanted to write an accurate and unbiased comparison of purchasing a new Casablanca 4 Studio Pro vs. upgrading your existing computer. It looks like you only wrote about upgrading your motherboard and graphics card. What else did your computer builder change? Was it only the replacement of the motherboard and graphics card? Or did your computer builder assemble an entirely brand new computer starting with the case and matching all of the hardware that MacroSystem includes in the Casablanca 4 Studio Pro model?

What about the software? Did he include the Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit operating system? He could not have included the Casablanca software: Bogart 7 Gold Edition, Arabesk 6, Power-Key, and Sentry that come standard with the Studio Pro model. Did you add the cost of those programs into your comparison?

Did your computer builder ship a brand new computer to your door or did you have to drop off your old computer at his shop for modifications and then pick it up?

Will your computer builder be able to answer questions about operating Casablanca hardware and software like an experienced MacroSystem VAR will?
Craig Newman
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

All good points, Craig. I've been a Cassie user since the '80s and have always found our support system awesome! Even though we're not in any top lists of editing software, doesn't mean we're not good! Sure I've been frustrated at times, but also have been frustrated with ProShow, Premiere Pro etc ... and their support networks are awful! Whenever I see someone comparing ANYTHING it has to be "apples to apples" (no pun intended!) :lol: We all have the final decision to make on what we choose to edit on, there isn't just ONE right way.
Beth Klinger