Arabesk 2.4 problem

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
RRay
Casablanca Unit: Kron-Plus, Renommee-Plus

Arabesk 2.4 problem

Post by RRay »

Hi Everyone,
I have 3 films in a current project. When I try to play the third film by highlighting the stamp and playing, my dvd player just pauses. It will not play the film. After burning several coasters and trying them in a Phillips player in my office, I carried them to another room and tried them in a Toshiba. It locked up to where I had to pull the power cord as it would not stop, eject, or anything.
The other two films play fine from the stamp. I can also hit the next button on the remote and walk through the films with the third film playing just fine after the second one.
I am using Renommee Plus with SE7.0 and Arabesk 2.4. I have promised these discs for tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Re: Arabesk 2.4 problem

Post by JPaul »

Robert, I use Arabesk 2.4 and usually burn one or two films with no problems. Once, I tried more films, 5 to be exact, and funky things began to happen. For example, if I tried to select the 3rd film, my player would skip over it and come to rest on the 4th film.

My solution was to go back to 1 film with multiple chapters. With 1-2 films I've never encountered a problem. Perhaps this is an Arabesk deficiency. Sorry I can't offer more help.
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
RRay

Post by RRay »

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I do own Arabesk 3 and 4, I just prefer the simplicity of v.2 for most of my projects. I may try to delete and install an earlier version of 2. I don't need chapter menus as these are all short films. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Robert
RRay

Post by RRay »

I tried deleting arabesk 2.4 and install arabesk 2.2. Now when I turn the Renommee on all I get is the opening screen of a white background with Casablanca Renommee right in the middle of the screen. It will not go past this opening screen. I tried restarting with a boot disc installed, but I still only get this screen. Any suggestions?
Robert
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

I have Arabesk 3 but not 4. I found that v.3 had the same problems handling more than 2 films. I was able to go back to v.2. I've never tried to roll back to a previous version of the same number as you did. You may have to go back to 2.4 but I'm not sure how if you don't get a full boot. Other may respond, but one thing that occurs is to put a SM card with the OS and try booting up with this. DO NOT do a full install or you will lose your work. You can either answer no to all options or if that doesn't do the trick, answer yes to the 1st option to "Update" your OS.
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
RRay

Post by RRay »

Thanks Paul,
I did finish this project by taking one of the discs I made to my Kron-Plus and used Ksebara to bring the project into the kron. I finished it out and made a disc with the kron. Worked fine. The kron is running se 6.1 and arabesk 2.3a.
Robert