Prestige & Flash Drive Camcorders

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JoeRichard
Casablanca Unit: Prestige

Prestige & Flash Drive Camcorders

Post by JoeRichard »

I currently have a Prestige and use a Canon GL-2. Thinking about getting a smaller camcorder (under $1K) for backup and am intrigued by the new Flash Drive units. Canon says that their HF&HG series only record video using AVCHD format. Does anyone know of flash drive units that will allow SD and HD recording that would be compatible with the Prestige (I know Prestige doesn't handle the HD but thought that I might as well look to the future with the camcorder.)?
Joe Richard
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Prestige & Flash Drive Camcorders

Post by LouBruno »

Not possible. You will have to use analog out of the cameras at a cost of the worse resolution I have ever observed on a widescreen TV.
JoeRichard wrote:I currently have a Prestige and use a Canon GL-2. Thinking about getting a smaller camcorder (under $1K) for backup and am intrigued by the new Flash Drive units. Canon says that their HF&HG series only record video using AVCHD format. Does anyone know of flash drive units that will allow SD and HD recording that would be compatible with the Prestige (I know Prestige doesn't handle the HD but thought that I might as well look to the future with the camcorder.)?
JoeRichard

Post by JoeRichard »

Hi Lou,
Canon has a miniDV HD unit that supposedly has SD output - Canon HV30. Would that work with the Prestige?
Joe Richard
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The unit was replaced with the HV-40. An outstanding camera that is selling fast. Probably the LAST tape camera in the HDV cANON LINE.

YES...it works on the SOLITAIRE and the 4000 Pro. They sell out so fast we have to constantly order them. I would wait a month. The cost is going down rapidly almost weekly.
JoeRichard wrote:Hi Lou,
Canon has a miniDV HD unit that supposedly has SD output - Canon HV30. Would that work with the Prestige?
JoeRichard

Post by JoeRichard »

Thanks for the heads up, Lou. Between you and Tim Kennelly, this is the best spot on the net to get true, unbiased info. :D
Joe
Joe Richard