Mirror Text

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
rone
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire Plus, all software, GL2 and GY HM 700

Mirror Text

Post by rone »

Currently we see lots of text on TV that appears to have a mirror image reflecting from the bottom.

Any ideas how this is done?

Thanks in Advance !

RonE
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Mirror Text

Post by LouBruno »

CB PAINT.
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Ah, come on. :-)

I have tried to do something like that without using CBPaint. But I failed. But there must be a way...
We have a mirror effect and we can put glow and fades on the letters. But it never looks cool.

Any ideas?

...maybe a challenge for Chet !? :-)
Volker Hill - Germany
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Maybe a job for Title Studio . . . :P
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Reflections and shadows are standard features of Final Cut Studio and some other software products. Don't know how to make it look realistic with our software. Maybe "coming soon". :twisted:
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

CB PAINT:

.Use the designated CB PAINT titler program within CB PAINT.

Use the SHADOW in the top menu and REVERSE the shadow. Then add glow. One way.

ANother way is to have TWO layers. One normal-layer#1, one REVERSE (upside down)-layer#2. Adjust OPACITY of layer 1. Open layer #2 and "go to town" with color and glow and even SHADOW.

I think another way would be to REVERSE the letters in a layer. SHRINK the letters, then Cut and Paste the aforementioned into the main layer containing the letters or apply the layer as a MERGE.

It's tough and tedious and the results are less than stellar.

Sure wish I can get my CB PAINT back in Linux. This is another example of how CB PAINT elevates our software to another plateau.

Volker wrote:Ah, come on. :-)

I have tried to do something like that without using CBPaint. But I failed. But there must be a way...
We have a mirror effect and we can put glow and fades on the letters. But it never looks cool.

Any ideas?

...maybe a challenge for Chet !? :-)
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Volker wrote: ...maybe a challenge for Chet !? :-)
Hmm - man, if you can't think of it I don't believe I can either! But I accept the challenge, will play the next few days and let you know early next week what I am able to create ;)

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Maybe a job for Title Studio . . .
no, I am afraid not
Volker Hill - Germany
Volker

Post by Volker »

This is what you can do with SE/Bogart + Filter Pack (for the glow effect)... more info later (I am going to bed now)

Volker Hill - Germany
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

Post by Lowell »

If I remember (which is hard to do) Birdie had something like this in one of his videos I will try to find it or maybe someone else will remember.
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606