Problem burning

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Steve
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus-SE 8.1 and S-6000-Bogart 4.1g

Problem burning

Post by Steve »

I am having a problem burning a wedding. The wedding is 93.57:04 long and the effects and audio are created. I had to increase the volume in several places but I kept the volume under the red line. I have attempted the NOP fix but I could not find part of the steps. I am using a Renommee Plus using version 8.1 and Arabesk 4.0c. After I finished all my edits I go to finish and rendered the effects and audio, then to Arabesk and burned the project. I have my unit set to verify and after it is burned it says it is verified, but when I put it in a DVD player it will not play. I am scheduled for a medical procedure on Monday and I am trying to take care of as many projects as I can.

Steve
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
Bogart 4.1g & SE 8.1-Arabesk 4.0-
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Problem burning

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Steve,

I assume this external DVD player you have used successfully to play your Casablanca DVDs?
I would also recommend try playing it back in a different DVD player if possible, just to ensure it is not the one DVD player that is the problem. And what do you get when you attempt to play it right in the Arabesk DVD player?

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Steve

Post by Steve »

Chet,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried it in another player and it says ( Data DVD ). I also burned another project from another hard drive and it played on the external DVD player. I tried playing it on the Arabesk player and the message was "DVD playback not possible, disk probably not created with Arabesk"
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Steve,

I dug the NOP with Audio file out of my Word document archives for you.

I am not sure what OS you are using and I'm a bit behind the curve anyway anymore, but you checked the Settings in Arabesk and they are set to create a DVD?

Anyway, here are the step by step instructions for NOP with Audio.
Find your longest single scene in the Scene bin and highlight it.

This is normally an original raw input scene, but not a section that includes the direct problem footage Scene.
You want to use a segment of source video that did NOT give you any problems.
IE: A segment you know does NOT have corrupted frames in it.

Go to Special, use Scene->Sample, Ok.

Switch to the Audio Mix menu, highlight (left click on) an empty audio channel, Add, Scroll to the newly created longest audio sample, Ok.

Slide the large Volume slider all the way to the left to Mute this track.

If this audio sample is not as large as your entire Storyboard use Add again, Mute that segment as well.

Do this until you have filled this track the entire length of your Storyboard with all these segments Muted.

Switch back to the main Edit Menu, Go to the beginning of the Storyboard.

Got to IP Effects menu, scroll to NOP, Add.
Left click on the duration window, Range, Ok, Make sure the Band button is in Trim, not Position mode, then choose OUT, scroll the bar all the way to the right(this should now be the duration of the entire Storyboard), left click to come out of the duration bar, Ok.

Left click the Scene button, Range, OUT, scroll the bar all the way to the right(this should now be the duration of the entire Storyboard), left click to come out of the duration bar, Ok.

It will now render the entire Storyboard and create a Scene of it.

This will take some time,but consideraby less than the out to tape and back in method and has been found to be more effective.

When the Scene in created switch to an empty Project.

Go into the Edit menu, Special, Clipboard, Scene from project->Clipboard, select the Project that the newly created Scene is in.

This should bring up that Project's Scene bin at the newly created Scene, select Ok, Clipboard->Project, scroll to the newly created Scene (if you have other stuff in Clipboard), Ok, Ok.

Now you should have the newly created Scene in the Project.

If you want Chapters go into Split and split the Scene at the desired Chapter points, selecting Use for all.

Then put all those Chapter Scenes onto the Storyboard in order.

Switch to Arabesk, Film and remove the problem Project.

Then Add Film selecting the Project where you have the newly created and Split Scene/Storyboard and proceed as normal.

This is far harder to describe than do.

Let me know how it goes.
PS - I believe Control Image could be successfully substituted for NOP if you had a Storyboard that you wanted to tweak in it's entirety, aka: change the brightness, contrast and/or saturation of the entire project.
This alternative does not take any longer (or less) than using NOP, but just remember it will effect the entire Storyboard and not just a few Scenes if done in this procedure to fix a failing Storyboard.
You could alternatively use this procedure on a specific Scene if you know which Scene is causing your problems
PS - Chet, we are slowly moving away from Smart Edit, but if you want to keep these instructions on your website feel free to do so.

Tim
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
CasablancaExpert

TimKennelly wrote: PS - Chet, we are slowly moving away from Smart Edit, but if you want to keep these instructions on your website feel free to do so.
Thanks Tim - will do that under the public resources.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
CasablancaExpert

Steve,

I also am a big proponent of moving your finished storyboard to a new/different project folder prior to working in Arabesk. I have detailed that process on my website here: How
How Should I Go About Preparing my project for DVD Authoring?

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
Steve

Post by Steve »

Chet & Tim,

You have been a great help. I will try to burn my project later tonight after I go recheck my project. Was the advertisement for American Express - Don't leave home without American Express? American Express would probably claim coppyright infringement and Tim said he is a bit behind the curve, but he has forgoten more than I will ever know. It is great that we have people helping other people. I believe we still have the friendliest place on the webb as Jim Meeker has always said.
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

I would also consider, when you get the chance, updating your Smart Edit and Arabesk to the latest free versions available.
Steve

Post by Steve »

MichaelD,

I will be loading both programs as soon as I finish the wedding & funeral. I finished burning the wedding last night at 3 am, but I will be taking a couple of days to rest from the late night edit and I had a successful hart cath. today ( they gave me some happy juice ) I used info from Chet and Tim to finish 3 of the 12 wedding DVD's and I have the funeral ready to go.
Steve Houck
shouck2@aol.com
S6000 & Renommee Plus
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Good to hear you are making some progress with the work Steve and great to hear things went well with the heart cath.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly