Audio out of sync

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Audio out of sync

Post by methuenbill »

I have shot a dance recital in SD and loaded the show in via memory card. The audio is way out of sync by the time you get to the end of the recital. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this? I have mailed 40 dvds and just got a call saying it was out of sync. I checked the last number and it is way out of sync.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Audio out of sync

Post by LouBruno »

Just a thought: Go to your SYSTEM setting and UNCHECK the HDV/DV and import your material once again. Make a test disc and see what happens.

.Do you hear the problem on your SB or is it the FINISHED disc?
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

The only place I see in systems settings is record ,playback and it says display during hDV recording check or unchecked
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

It is out of sync on both. I need to figure out the best way to import without this problem. I have weddings also shot on this camera Sony HXR-NX5U and if all that footage is out of sync than I am in trouble.
pdjohnson
Casablanca Unit: 1 saphir with 10 Bogart
1 Solitaire Plus SE 9.1 Loaded
1 Solitaire SE 9.1 Loaded
2 sony HD cameras
4 Sony VX2100
Canon XSI SLR
2 Canon Rebel T1i
Terabyte external drive

Post by pdjohnson »

We do recitals also, and we had a sync problem with our Solitaire Plus when we used quad cam. Started out fine, but by the end of the quad cam segment the footage was off by at least 4 beats. We use mini DV tapes (we never reuse) and input with a sony digital walkman GV-D1000. Input into the back of the Solitaire. Thought it was the walkman, spent over $500 on it only to find out it was still happening. Input the tape into our backup solitaire and it worked just fine!!!! Ended up sending the Plus unit to Boulder and had work done on it, including a new video card and $$$$ on it. I think the firewire input on the back was not working properly and the new video card replaced that. So far, so good. It was so frustrating...
David & Pauline
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

I un-checked the dv preview. Reloaded the file but I could still see it loading in. It was out of sync. You would think Macrosystems :evil: would let its customers know about these type of problems. I have to try to fix 3 shows, redo the dvds, reprint the dvds, and remail 150 units. I have also used this same way of loading on another studios dvds. I have to go back and check it. I load in through usb with a memory card. I use the new Sony HXR-NX5U to record in HD and SD. These show were shot in SD and HD, but recorded to dvd in sd. Lets hear from :evil: Macrosystems :evil: on how to solve this problem.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Are you importing from memory card via cardreader or do you connect the Cam via USB?
Maybe the cardreader is causing the sync problem?
I would try importing from cam and check if there are different results.
How long are your single takes?
Do you import "check-marking" each take in USB-Record-Menü?
Or do you import several takes as a pack?
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

I import from a card reader. ( I will try to Import from the camera tonight) I shoot the shows continuous each half about 1 hr 10 mins each. The camera breaks it into several blocks of scenes which I import in as one big scene(via check mark all). I have tried to import just one block scene with the same results.
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

OK, try to import from cam and please report.
Here in Germany there were reports if footage imported via List view--->Directory resulted in "not-sync".
When "single files"were imported all was "sync".

Non-Sync-Problem also when you play the imported scenes in scene bin?
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
methuenbill

Post by methuenbill »

Yes, in the scene bin as well. I know its not the camera as I copied the same files to a PC and they played fine no sync problem. I have a good card reader KodaK but you never know. Is there a recommended Card reader? Thanks for the help! :D