Arabesk 5 PAL

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Arabesk 5 PAL

Post by Alan »

I've just fitted a Blueray writer to my S4000pro and produced my first BD discs.

This is the result.

BD recording at high data rate will play on BD player with jerks at
about quarter second intervals when there is lots of motion. Its a
sailing film. This disc is not recognized by the Media Player.

BD recording at highest date rate is not recognized by the BD player but
will play on Media player. In parts where there is lots of motion the
picture starts to distort at the top quarter of the screen. It begins to lean over.

A ten minute video takes about two and a half hours to render.

The BD player has the latest firmware installed. Its the Sony BDP S760.

The writer is the LG BH10 I'm on Bogart SE4. 1f

How are others getting on with BD production?

Alan. Looking out of my window on a beautiful warm sunny early autumn day here in the UK.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Arabesk 5 PAL

Post by LouBruno »

Alan: In PAL land it is advised by the developers on the German language forum to DELETE any prior version of ARABESK 4 and below and add only ARABESK 5.

NOW: In ARABESK 5 PAL, choose DATARATE: HIGH and RENDERING: NORMAl You can even get away with RENDERING: FAST-so experiment with that. The use of DATARATE: MAX and RENDERING: INTENSIVE is to be used for downconversions to SD from the HD ARABESK project. Using MAX for regular DVD's produces a higher bit rate that many Blu-ray players ( PS3) will not read as it out of specs.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanks Lou,

I'll check this out. I've ordered some rewriteable BD discs, and I'll wait for these before I do anymore experiments.

Alan.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Lou,

I see the German site suggests taking Arabesk 4 off before installing 5. I've just taken 5 off and there is no sign of 4 behind it. So it looks as if 5 deletes 4 as 5 is installed. Anyway I'll see if that helps.

Alan.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Hi Alan, it does but some have managed to re-load v4 back on without removing v5 and this does give an issue.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Hi Michael, thanks for the warning. Alan.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

That's ok - load anything under Arabesk v4 on a Bogart machine and you get more than an issue.

Instead your machine gets a holiday at the repair shop and you get to pay for it. :shock:

SO, do not load Arabesk v1, v2 or v3 !
Alan

Post by Alan »

Rather than make more coasters with Arabesk 5 I've gone back to Vegas video and produced a nice BlueRay disc that plays perfectly on my BD player. It plays in Media Manager without sound. It took about 45 min to produce a 10 min video. The date rater goes up to over 32mbps. which is probably higher than that with Arabesk 5.

I do a story board back up from the S4000 to my external drive then reconnect the drive to my PC then import to Vegas Video time line and render to make the movie.

How are others getting on with Arabesk 5 HD? Can we expect an update soon to sort out problems?

Alan
Macromax
Casablanca Unit: S4000 Pro, Bogart 4.5c, Arabesk 5.3, Hard disk BU 1.6, Effects packs 1 to 8

Post by Macromax »

All Arabesk 5.0a is good at wasting a lot of time and making coasters. No matter what I have tried HD and DVD I am yet to make a sucessfull disk. Doing a beta test, before release might be a good idea.
MichaelD

Post by MichaelD »

I can't say that it's fault free (I like to call it sticky) and we've only received one update so far (from v5 to v5.a a minor fix) but on the whole I'm finding it ok and working well.