Can this be done? Two Questions...

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Can this be done? Two Questions...

Post by JohnKleban »

Hi All,

Still test driving Bogart 4 on a S4000 Pro unit on loan from my dealer - yet, finishing a project that has to ship Sat. morning, thus cutting in on my putzing around time. Anyway, two questions for anyone who may know or have done this....

1) With Bogart, can I export my edited video to a thumb-drive or small external drive to give to a client so in turn, they may connect this device to their pc or tv (if equiped) and watch their wedding (HD or SD widescreen)? I know a couple of videographers who have stopped offering DVDs and blu-ray and are only giving their clients a thumb-drive or small hard drive - curious if this can be done via media manager or so with our units.

2) A Smart Edit Question: I have Smart Edit 7 on my Prestige; I haven't kept up on what the last Smart Edit OS offers feature wise; any chance it has anything that allows one to export a project via an open usb port to a thumb-drive, etc.? Any great new features from the last Smart Edit release?

Thanks much.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Can this be done? Two Questions...

Post by LouBruno »

Sure can. First, make an ENTIRE scene of the storyboard and place same in the scene bin. NOW....

Look for the OPT button in the BOGART project area and simply click on same and send to a USB drive. You will see the prompt to do so. This will be an AVI file with a MPEG-4 within. You can also save your Storyboard by closing out the scene bin and saving the project to the archives in HDV or MTS. MTS is way too long. I think the AVI method works best for me. You can also save via Media Manager but it gets complicated if one is not familiar with the procedure.

JohnKleban wrote:Hi All,

Still test driving Bogart 4 on a S4000 Pro unit on loan from my dealer - yet, finishing a project that has to ship Sat. morning, thus cutting in on my putzing around time. Anyway, two questions for anyone who may know or have done this....

1) With Bogart, can I export my edited video to a thumb-drive or small external drive to give to a client so in turn, they may connect this device to their pc or tv (if equiped) and watch their wedding (HD or SD widescreen)? I know a couple of videographers who have stopped offering DVDs and blu-ray and are only giving their clients a thumb-drive or small hard drive - curious if this can be done via media manager or so with our units.

Thanks much.
JohnKleban

Post by JohnKleban »

Thanks Lou for the info!! Second question, what did you mean by avi wrapped in mpeg 4? I had no issue getting that transfered over to my thumb-drive, but it won't play on my notebooks; didn't try any tv in the house. Is there a way to force it into another codec, say just mpeg 4 or something (perhaps via media manager then)? I just want to know, if a client should ask for their video on a drive, I want to make sure I'm giving it to them in a format that will likely playback ok for them - or have you found this avi file to play ok on various devices?

Thanks Lou, advice and tips much appreciated.

John
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
JohnKleban

Post by JohnKleban »

Perhaps there is a favorite pc video converter software you like or would recommend as well...any suggestions? I see a lot out there, not sure what is safe and what may have malware or viruses, etc.

John
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi John,

the AVI-File plays fine on a wd-player.
Harddisk or thumbdrive is USB inserted to wd-player and this is
connected via HDMI cable to full hd tv.
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
JohnKleban

Post by JohnKleban »

Thanks, forgot about those wd players. What if I get a client who calls out that they want their video in mpeg 4 only or something, would I then export the avi file to my pc and run it through some video converter software? Or, anyway within Bogart to change the output format?

John
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
BobC
Casablanca Unit: Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7

Post by BobC »

Hi John,

We use this converter in our office. http://www.avs4you.com/
Bob Claxton
Heritage Video

Meteor Pro Ultra, OS 10, Arabesk 7
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

This was is free: ANYVIDEOCONVERTER. Do a Google.
JohnKleban

Post by JohnKleban »

Thanks Bob and Lou. I found a listing of video converters online, but I always get leary that they could contain malware or contain a virus, etc.; nice to hear a direct recommendation from a fellow user.

Thanks again for your advice; will download that later today.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras