can burn HD project to DVD-R but not to BD-R

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

can burn HD project to DVD-R but not to BD-R

Post by Montanamartin »

I just upgraded to Arabesk 5 and I can burn my 4 min. HD 1080i project on to a DVD-R, but when I put the BD-R disk into burn, the hour glass comes on for about a min. or so, and then spits the disk back out . The Blu-ray disk is a Verbatim BD-R 25GB 6x speed. Have tried this several times and also turned the unit on and off, but same old thing . Any help on this problem would be an answer to prayer! I'm on Bogart 4.5c. Thanks!Kevin Martin :roll:
Kevin Martin
Mountain View Productions
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: can burn HD project to DVD-R but not to BD-R

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Kevin,

In Arabesk Settings do you have the Blu-Ray media selected as your target/destination?

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Place the disc in the drive PRIOR to entering ARABESK. Let it spin around and then wait for it to stop.

As Chet points out, make sure your disc is set to the Blu-ray setting in Arabesk prior before placing the disc in the drive.

Enter Arabesk after the disc stops spinning.

It should now work.

But again, make sure BLU-ray was set prior on the Arabesk setting before placing the disc in the drive.
Montanamartin
Casablanca Unit: Karat/Avio/Kron, 3 Sony FX-1s, Boss 8 track recorder, Tascam dr-07,sennh. wireless mic.,Rode shotgun mic, dog and cat

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks Chet and Lou, I tried those sugestions but no banana yet.I will make another run at everything and see if I did somthing wrong when I uploded my material from my FX-1.Kevin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Do you have the 202 Blu-ray drive in the unit? If so, try a BD-RE and see if that works.
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Yes,Pioneer BDR-2,Arabesk 5.4c,Firmware 7.07 ,Bogart4.5
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Try a 2X Blu-Ray or a Blu-Ray-REWRITABLE with the 202. I think it is the 202 burner which will only accept 2X and sometimes 4X.
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

Thanks Lou, I'll give that a try.
Kevin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
Montanamartin

Post by Montanamartin »

OK , I tried a Sony BD-R Ver. 1.3/6x that did not work. B & H sells an " Alerate BD-R Write Speed 1-6x "' Should I try that? :roll:
Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin
Kalispell Montana
www mtviewmontana.com
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

2X.. Hard to find but I purchased from BH. However easier to locate 2X BD-RE discs.