Audio equalizer.

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Audio equalizer.

Post by PaulBusta »

When are we going to get an audio equalizer program??? And access to the individual left and right channels. I'm getting real tired of doing it the round about analog way. A real nice 12 band per channel, plus 10 to minus 10 db would be perfect. Could anybody else use this program?? Chet could you talk to somebody about this, I'd REALLY appreciate it.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Re: Audio equalizer.

Post by jeffphilips »

I am not sure if you are aware of the software that MS has already. I can isolate either channel, swap channels, equalize it, remove hiss, add reverb, just about anything. I haven't used analog in about 2 years.
I am not sure what audio package it is, since it has been a while since I got it. I am sure Chet will let you know.

Just wanted to let you know that it is available and I am sorry to hear you have been suffering so...
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Is that the Audio Effects program? I'm aware of it but I didn't see anything about an EQ in the info on the MS site. Interesting.... maybe I should download the manual
Paul Busta

PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

I checked it out and it's only a tone control....low, mid, high. Not a true EQ for doing critical work. :cry:
Paul Busta

jeffphilips

Post by jeffphilips »

paul,
I just fired up my renommee and yes, it is the audio effect pack.
Check it out!
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
jeffphilips

Post by jeffphilips »

Unfortunatly, that is how MS sells their systems. The sales rep that sold me said that MS has a lot of the main tools that you need to produce a video. But if you want the specialized tools, you need to use another system.
It is frustrating!
I have noticed from feedback from this forum that most MS users use more than just the MS to edit. To me, that just doesn't make sense. Why can't MS make a system that has all the tools??
Oh well, maybe 1 day...
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

What that sales rep said just doesn't fly with me, I've lived through the evolution of our system. They can come out with powerful programs like Quad Cam and CB Paint but they can't come out with the tools that let us finish the other half of the video, the audio. Take a look at our membership, how many of them have started Production Services using the Casablanca, I know I have. I've lost jobs because I didn't have the right audio esentials and a good EQ is one of them. If we make money Macrosystems makes money.

OK I'll get off my soap box now. :D
Paul Busta

chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Post by chetdavis »

Being an audio-minded soul, I appreciate your interests and needs -- I assume you have seen/tried the Filter that is part of the Audio Effects Pack you mentioned? There is a band-pass, band-stop notch-filter as well as a high-pass and low-pass filter -- selectable by frequency. This is definitely not a 1-band parametric or linear equalizer but wanted to ensure you knew of its capabilities.

I will share this audio interest with the MS DE development team in September... all attention is going to the releases of the S-4000 products, their Bogart SE OS (I am sharing the new fully featured Bogart SE OS this week in Orlando at the WEVA Expo 2008), as well as continuing to clear add-on software for the new product line. We are likely to see some new products premiere at the IFA Show in Berlin later this month.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

We will show a preview of the Bogart 2 software at the IFA.
Maybe that already will have a built in Equalizer, Sound Controls and DSP presets in it. Who knows.... ;)
Volker Hill - Germany
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Thanks for looking into it Chet. I'll buy it as soon as it comes out ;) :D There's no way to demo the Efects Pack, either it's hidden or you buy it, so.....

Volker you said that at the show they will previewing Bogart 2 :o I havn't even gotten my S4000Pro with V1 which is 1.2 by now. I don't even have my machine yet and I'm already way behind :shock:
Paul Busta