Solitaire Menu

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
CuChi
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire

Solitaire Menu

Post by CuChi »

After loading my films in Arabesk and in "Control" I checked "Menu" like most of the time it shows up normal and works like it should except when after burning the disc and I try it on a dvd player and the computer the menu does not show up. It goes directly to the first film like I picked "Trailer only" in the "Control". This has never happened before. Anyone have the solution?

Thank you in advance
Tom Harlan
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Solitaire Menu

Post by Christopher6206 »

The only thing I can think of would be to delete Arabesk and re install it. I suppose it's possible your DVD players are having trouble reading the menu and so it skips over it. Does the menu appear after your first film finishes playing? What about DVD-R vs. DVD+R? Sounds like you've been doing this for awhile on the same componants and suddenly the problem started so the reinstall sounds like the first thing I would do.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
CuChi

Post by CuChi »

Thank you Chris, I will try the delete Arabesk routine first, someone else suggested it. And no the menu doesn't show up at any time. It has work great until this project. Weird and it was tickin' me off! Thank you again for your feedback

Tom
CuChi

Post by CuChi »

Well..............I did delete Arabesk and reinstalled it and I was really hopin' it would work, however the same thing - no menu after burning a dvd - it goes straight to the first film. %$#%&*. I'm open for other suggestions.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Does this happen in both a standalone DVD player and a computer, or only in the computer?
Craig Newman
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

Not that this would fix your problem but what about adding a second short clip (like company logo or other) and inserting it as the first film. Then select "Trailer only" in "Control" under "edit Menu". Then it should play your first film then go to the menu where you should see your second film? If that works great! But won't really solve the issue.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
CuChi

Post by CuChi »

Thanks to all who responded. I got it to work with the help of the Casablanca Expert (Chet) membership well spent!
He told me to check under Control menu and under films - check "individual" instead of "play successively" It worked!! The confusing part is on my other Solitaire I had "play successively" on other projects and the problem mentioned above works fine...............go figure!! On all projects from now on I have to check those menus and the Action menu under Buttons or Stamps (depending on the ver).

Thanks again
Tom Harlan