S2K Denoise function Clicks at end of scene. Is there a fix?

For all questions & tips related to Casablanca video editors.
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

S2K Denoise function Clicks at end of scene. Is there a fix?

Post by LegendsStudio »

I have some noise issues in some scenes in my new movie and when I use the Denoise function in effects it really helps allot until it gets to the END of the scene Then I makes this LOUD sound like two wine glasses clinking together... Not always but more often when I use this with the Denoise function back to back with two scenes. I am really having trouble making it work or at least be consistent... I would REALLY APPRECIATE some HELP.

Marcus... Legends Studio... Making My Movie... CHAIN OF EVENTS
Last edited by LegendsStudio on Mon May 05, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: S2K Denoise function Clicks

Post by LouBruno »

MP3 import via Thumb Drive? If so, I have an answer.
LegendsStudio

Re: S2K Denoise function Clicks

Post by LegendsStudio »

Import from camera Via firewire
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: S2K Denoise function Clicks at end of scene. Is there a

Post by MichaelD »

It's not 'the' noise the machine makes when it's finished rendering/creating something is it ?

Do you get it when you play the clip back after adding the Denoise ?
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

Yes the noise is in there... it sounds like two wine glasses clicking together but very loud and yes after play back. Sometimes it works fine but when you put two scenes together both with the denoise on both of them then at the end of the first scene is were it pops up its ugly head. "TINK"
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Are we talking imports to the audio bin? I am aware of the clinks/ pop and a solution if they are in the bin using the audio waveform.
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

They are from the storyboard then switch to audio mix then I go to effects and set the denoise. And sometimes when I try to create the effect it just shuts the whole machine down :( I am right in the middle of editing my movie and I really can't have this fail me now. So if you know a fix :idea: I would be grateful. :P Help me out LOU <>< You have helped me out before so if you can do it again then I will be SOOOOOOO GRATEFUL.
Last edited by LegendsStudio on Thu May 08, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

So any idea's on what is wrong here? I figured out vodka doesn't fix it. :lol: So don't tease me Lou do you have a clue as to how to fix this??? :)
LegendsStudio

Post by LegendsStudio »

I really need some help here guys so does anyone have a solution to this because I am dead in the water here until I find a fix. I can not just accept just ok on this audio because it is for a Major Situation so any comment that may be helpful would be SOOOO much appreciated.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Marcus, I would suggest that you add the version of Bogart and Arabesk you have installed on your machine to your profile and keep it up to date. You didn't mention the type of audio you are using. I looked at the Bogart 5.5c Release Notes and it said this about using MP3 audio:
-Audio imports with MP3's or CD's of MP3's may have a “beep” or distortion at the end of the sample. Be sure to check the last seconds of imported audio. If there is a beep, simply trim the very last frame of the audio in the bin.
I don't own a Bogart system, but if your version of Bogart gives you the ability to copy clips back and forth between projects the same way Smart Edit does, you might try to process the clips with Denoise in a separate project and then clipboard over to the main project when ready. In addition, while you're in that separate project, you might use Scene to Sample, mute the original audio, use Denoise, add the sample to the processed scene, and then create a scene with the audio. You could also try to create a new scene of the two back-to-back scenes you just processed and then clipboard it to your main project.
Craig Newman