CMOS CHIP-BIKE CAM

A place to share sample video projects
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

CMOS CHIP-BIKE CAM

Post by LouBruno »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9secFIdn9f0

Special bike mount with a CMOS chip camera......you be the judge of CMOS vs. CCD.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: CMOS CHIP-BIKE CAM

Post by CKNewman »

Got Dramamine?
Craig Newman
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Oh, come on Lou... that can't be direct from a camera -- you must've put that through the 'wobble like jello' filter on Effects Pack 9 ! :D
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Now thats a canidate for deshaker software. That'll take a lot of deshaking!!! Bob..
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

The road looked pretty smooth to me so that is realy bad if they keep on making those cameras with the CMOS chips in it. I have two smaller cameras with them in there so I should try to shoot something wobbly. I feel sea sick just looking at it. :shock:
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

As many of you know, I own a professional half-inch CMOS based camera (Sony PMW-EX1) and I love it. Yes, it can look bad with very high motion and certain camera movements, but the trade-off is great low light , no vertical banding when light sources are in your shot. 90% of the time, and with the type of subjects that I shoot, I turn the shutter off. This helps a little with the rolling shutter issue even though the rolling shutter is part of the CMOS make-up as well. I aggree that the technology needs to improve. All of the videos that I have posted on this forum were shot with CMOS. CCD imagers are being phased out and manufactures are going the CMOS route. Until the technology improves, the Twixter and deshaker programs will greatly help. I would like to see that same footage after it was corrected in post. That's my 2 cents worth.

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Important points. This camera is a single chip CMOS and not the professional quality of my SONY CMOS chips or the EX-1/3. However, I understand why certain videographers prefer the CANON XH series, JVC new series and the PANASONIC series (certain ones) that have CCD chips. I don't think DESHAKER will get the JELL-O look corrected.. :-)
JBrooks wrote:As many of you know, I own a professional half-inch CMOS based camera (Sony PMW-EX1) and I love it. Yes, it can look bad with very high motion and certain camera movements, but the trade-off is great low light , no vertical banding when light sources are in your shot. 90% of the time, and with the type of subjects that I shoot, I turn the shutter off. This helps a little with the rolling shutter issue even though the rolling shutter is part of the CMOS make-up as well. I aggree that the technology needs to improve. All of the videos that I have posted on this forum were shot with CMOS. CCD imagers are being phased out and manufactures are going the CMOS route. Until the technology improves, the Twixter and deshaker programs will greatly help. I would like to see that same footage after it was corrected in post. That's my 2 cents worth.

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Yep, for any videog that likes to do whipsaws, firehosing, extemely unstable footage, disco shooting (well, for disco shooting it might be a desired "effect"), etc I would not recommend a CMOS based cam.

For amateurs, hobbyists and professionals who know and learn how to use both the strengths and the weaknesses of a cam the CMOS based cams, even the single chipped ones can produce imminently acceptable results.

PS - Deshaker would have no positive affect on the wobbly "effect" inherent in such unstable CMOS footage as a cam mounted to a bike frame without any sort of external stabilizer.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly