NEW CANON HS S10 TEST SAMPLE

A place to share sample video projects
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

NEW CANON HS S10 TEST SAMPLE

Post by LouBruno »

My son recently purchased the CANON HF S10 also. He recently placed some TEST footage on YOU TUBE. This is ONE remarkable camera. My "S" model Cassie downloads the AVCHD files w/o a problem. The download speed varies but I usually use the highest setting at 25 mps. One SD card at 16G's can hold three hours of highest quality true HD.

Open the link then "click" on the HD (Hi-Def) icon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owh6OtftdP8
erictom
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Re: NEW CANON HS S10 TEST SAMPLE

Post by erictom »

Hi Lou,

Does this camera have an external mic jack?

Eric
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

YES...............it's really hidden................under the front portion of the strap.
erictom wrote:Hi Lou,

Does this camera have an external mic jack?

Eric
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

Lou,

The HFS10 will hold about 2 hours 55min on the onboard 32gigs at 24Mbps. It is a little sweetie its got more lines of resolution than the XH-A1s. The movie Crank High Voltage was shot with a hand full of XH-A1's and 15 of the older HF10's. i keep one of the HFS10's with me all the time. nice still features too.

Seth
CAM Audio, Inc.
seth@camaudio.com
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Post by JohnKleban »

Lou,

I have to say, not very impressed with what I saw on that clip (I stopped watching after 2 min.). I knew right away it was a cmos camera, could see the jello effect early on from the pull-backs your son was doing - the whole image had a shaky look (and not from handheld use), but an issue with cmos cameras; where the image just wobbles. Secondly, unless the color presets or something were changed, I thought the colors looked a tad washed and lacked the kind up punch I'd expect from an HD camera, esp. when all the footage was done on an outdoor sunny day. I can't fathom how any indoor footage from this thing would look; better bring the 500 watt yellow shop lamps; make it two of them. :cry:

Watch this clip, really shows how bad the "jello effect" with cmos cameras can be -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaDrS-yzIE

Yuck.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Honestly, YOU TUBE was probably not the right place to show HD clips. I think the "JELL-O" look was more of an upload situation. There is a HF S10 area on VIMEO with pristine picture quality. I also own the HF S10 and it produces better quality than was uploaded.

http://vimeo.com/channels/35766#4249832

You may have to register to the VIMEO site. Some clips are better than others.

With that said, I am very pleased with the CCD chips in my Canon XHA-1. I have no problems with the usual CMOS roll or fast motion blur and photo flash issues plus CANON glass. CMOS is a real pain to deal with.

For a home camera the HF S10 is slghitly above the HV-30 in quality and uses a SD card rather than tape. For a true HD look, I prefer my XHA-1.
JohnKleban wrote:Lou,

I have to say, not very impressed with what I saw on that clip (I stopped watching after 2 min.). I knew right away it was a cmos camera, could see the jello effect early on from the pull-backs your son was doing - the whole image had a shaky look (and not from handheld use), but an issue with cmos cameras; where the image just wobbles. Secondly, unless the color presets or something were changed, I thought the colors looked a tad washed and lacked the kind up punch I'd expect from an HD camera, esp. when all the footage was done on an outdoor sunny day. I can't fathom how any indoor footage from this thing would look; better bring the 500 watt yellow shop lamps; make it two of them. :cry:

Watch this clip, really shows how bad the "jello effect" with cmos cameras can be -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaDrS-yzIE

Yuck.