Film Fest

A place to share sample video projects
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Film Fest

Post by Charles »

Hi All
It’s that time of the year when I start the Film Fest.
OK so what are the prizes you may ask - NONE, a big fat ZERO. It’s not a competition in any way shape or form, instead it’s a fun way of seeing what other Casablanca users around the world do with their units be it business, hobby or once a year celebration you film.

Topics can include local events, your home town, wedding demo, TV advert(s), etc. It's also helpful if you can do a short intro on-camera to set-up your entries, and to mention which Casablanca model was used etc.

It’s old hat a lot may say... there is Vimeo, YouTube and many more hosts on the internet where I can show my video in a small square for others to see - fine no argument there, but I would rather watch on a 42” Plasma and have a copy on DVD that I can watch when I want.

What is the point of the Film Fest?

It’s a way of seeing what other users produce, from a local event to a wedding demo to a commercial presentation - in fact more or less anything you have filmed and edited on a Casablanca.

In past years entries have been posted to me here in the UK and completed sets sent from the UK. However like anything else over the last couple of years postal costs have gone through the roof so last year with the help of Chet Davis (The Casablanca Expert) all entries from the USA, Canada and Mexico were sent to Chet who will compile them and forward to me. In turn I will post to Chet a complete set of the European / Australian discs which he will duplicate and distribute. This keeps all postal costs down to local rates instead of International rates.

European entries accepted on most tape formats and Disk Transfer / Arabesk DVD.

Hope to see more join in the fun and further entries from Keith & Jan Wiggers,Sylrenaud and Beth Klinger who took part last year.

Charles Higgin
Regards
Charles
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Re: Film Fest

Post by Volker »

Hi Charles,

great news! The Film Fest returns again this year. Thanks!

Just an idea: since many of us are shooting in HDV/AVCHD/... maybe it would be interesting to create one DVD with HD content from the Cassie users.
The Cassie user sends his video in Arabesk HD / AVCHD format. You can import those clips into separate HD projects. Then you simply add those HD projects with Arabesk again in AVCHD format and burn the DVD.
Everyone with a Cassie3 system can watch those discs and many Blu-ray players also are compatible to that format.

Just a thought...

Enjoy the weekend,
Volker
Volker Hill - Germany
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hi Volker
Quite happy to give it a go but would also burn it in SD as well then nobody misses out. What is the max time for AVCHD on a standard DVD and i presume a standard DVD burner will burn AVCHD discs? otherwise it's a no no
Regards
Charles
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

A standard DVD can take approx. 20 - 30 minutes of AVCHD, I think.
And, of course, a standard DVD burner will burn AVCHD discs using the Arabesk software in HD mode.
Volker Hill - Germany
Charles

Post by Charles »

Hi Volker
Will have to ask Chet to see if he has the time to take this additional work on his end
Regards
Charles
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Oops - coming to this conversation a little late ;) -- yes, we'll be happy on 'this side of the pond' to accept AVCHD entries as well. If you're a Casablanca colleague who lives in North America, please send me an email inquiry and I will reply with my mailing address so you can send in your entry for this year's Film Fest.
You can read a little more about the event here: Casablanca Film Fest

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Volker

Post by Volker »

I am in with 2 contributions this time.
One is a sample video of some DSLR stuff I recorded with the Sony Alpha33.
I would love to see some of Syl's or Ash's excellent DSLR footage in HD (AVCHD) this year... come on guys :-)
Volker Hill - Germany