Trailer/Promo

A place to share sample video projects
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Trailer/Promo

Post by JBrooks »

This trailer/promo is 8 min. The full movie version is in the works. Shot in HD with Sony EX1 and edited on the Casablanca S-4100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY6P6fbIUZo

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
GrahamJones
Casablanca Unit: S4100 with BR. Two Samsung 933HD tvs, one acting as VGA

Re: Trailer/Promo

Post by GrahamJones »

Hello Joel,
I looked at this yesterday - I intended to have just a quick scan of the Forum, to see what's new, and I ended up watching all of your video. As a result, I was late for my dentist appointment, but that's his problem more than mine.
I really liked the film - you've done a great job here! I guess the actors are amateurs but they really do get into it - even in 8 minutes, they all have identifiable characteristics. Great direction. The subject matter is, er, quite controversial but that is the whole point, I guess.
Also, the camera work and editing is superb - very well done.
I'm particularly impressed with the quality of the film on YouTube. I shoot my (very, very amateur) stuff on an HD camera - Panasonic HDC 700 - which it's not as good as yours, but it's not too bad, and I edit with an S-4100. Yet I just can't get the same degree of quality up to YouTube. Could you let me know what process you use to make the footage ready for uploading to YouTube, please?
Important point - I have a lamentably slow internet connection, thanks to the UK's flagship provider British Telecom. As an example, I uploaded an 11 minute clip a couple of days ago, having compressed it to MPEG-2 HD (I think) and it took about 6 hours to upload. (Actually, I then had to remove it because one of the audio tracks apparently contravened someones copyright. That wasn't a great day).
Anyway, well done again. I look forward to the full movie sweeping the oscars - start writing your acceptance speech now.
Cheers,
Graham
S4100, Bogart 5, DVD Arabesk 5 with Render Booster, PhotoStudio 2, Motion Pefect, PiPStudio 2, Twixtor, Deshaker
Canon XM2,Panasonic HDC-SD700, Apple i-Mac
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Trailer/Promo

Post by JBrooks »

Graham,

I really appreciate your comments and response.

I archived the story board to media manager using the "DIVX Full HD" drop down choice. It is 1920 X 1080 (which is what I shot and edited in) and it keeps the file in one piece. You can also use one of the You Tube ready choices as well.

One can also utilize the HDV or .MTS storyboard back-up methods found under the project settings menu in Bogart as I always do for projects shorter than 5 minutes then save to a flash drive, then upload the file to your pc and you tube and avoid media manager all together however, if it's over 5 min., then it will split up the clip because of the large file size then you will have to re-piece the clips together with an on-line video converter such as "anyvideoconverter" application.

I know media manager has a few flaws, and bugs, especially with audio sync issues, but generally one can archive to one of the PC files with great success and import into You Tube etc...

Joel Brooks
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347