Please Help!

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
kazb
Casablanca Unit: I'm not, but a client that I'm working with is using a Casablanca, I'm not sure which model.

Please Help!

Post by kazb »

Hi I'm an Editor currently living in South Africa, I'm working on a development project with young filmmakers in Zambia. They have already shot and edited their short film on a Casablanca. They're now sending the project to me, so I can neaten up their edit, and re-work it on my Final Cut Pro. Apparently there is no way to export an EDL on a Casablanca, is this true? And if so, is there any way to export an XML, so I can import it as a batch list on my side. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kaz
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Please Help!

Post by TimKennelly »

Kaz,

The Cassie line is designed as a stand alone editor with a low learning curve.

Recent models and operating systems have been moving towards more comprehensive interaction with PC/Mac tools, but none of them have EDL/XML paths.

For long distance interaction there is a software titled Disk Transfer that allows PC/Mac compatible AVI burning to DVD with a twenty minute approximate capacity on a DVD.

This requires a model with a built in DVD burner (all but the most basic and oldest model, Avio has a DVD burner) and the optional Disk Transfer software.

Exporting to digital tape would be the other choice.

The systems use Storyboard editing rather than the more common Timeline editing that most PC/Mac based video editors use.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly