Sound (studio) Monitor

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
CliffHawkins
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 Pro
Solitaire SE 8.0

Sound (studio) Monitor

Post by CliffHawkins »

Does anyone have a recommendation for speakers that can be used for sound monitors for the
S-4000? I am looking for a good set of speakers(monitor) that gives a natural sound.

I posted this question on the Cassie Tips List and have recieved several good responses. Does anyone on the BB have any suggestions?
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Re: Sound (studio) Monitor

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Most of the times I use head phones, It's amazing what you miss when you use speakers. If it sounds good on a good set of ear phones, that's as good as you can hope for. Hopefully the client is using a good set of speakers to play back the video and audio.
Miguel
Casablanca Unit: NEW SYSTEM:
Casablanca 4 Studio with Disk Juggler software. Bogart 8.2c, Arabesk 6.4, Gold Edition V 1.2, HD Backup Sentry 1.0, Grass Valley Converter (ADVC-110), Bonus Effects V 1.0, Font Pack 1,2,3,4, Quick Photo.......THAT'S ALL

OLD SYSTEM:
NTSC/Avio DVPro-V3.0)+ (4.1c)+(256Megs Ram)+ (9 swappable hardrives)+(Presentation Options)+(Bonus Effects V1.0)+(Bonus Pack V1.0a)+(Fonts#4)+(Motion 3D pack V1.1)+(Title Effect Pack V1.1)+(Bluebox V1.0)+(Bluebox World V1.0)+(PIP Studio V1.0)+(PowerKey V1.0)+(Magic Lights V1.0a)+(Motion Perfect V1.0)+(Sony DSR-250 Camcorder)+(Sony PD150 camcorder)+(2 Panasonic AG-2000DV vcr's)+(Sony Digital 8-vcr)+(2 Hotronic TBC's)+(Panasonic WJ-MX20 video mixer)+(Pioneer DVR-633H DVD Recorder)+ (DSR DVDual 5-DVD/CD Duplicator)

Post by Miguel »

I agree, headphones is the way to go. :D
CliffHawkins
Solitaire SE 8.0

Post by CliffHawkins »

And it is the way I went.

Thanks,
Cliff Hawkins

S-4000 Pro Bogart 4.1c
Solitaire SE 8
Cannon XH-A1
Canon GL-1
erictom
SONY HVR Z1U
SONY HVRM25U
SONY HVR DR60 HDRecorder
Canon T2i
Lite Panels

Post by erictom »

BOSE:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... /index.jsp

Compact with full hi-fidelity performance.
Also has a headset jack when not sharing audio with others... like your clients.
$99.00

Eric T.
Eric T. Films
VideoVision Productions
www.vdvp.com
eric@vdvp.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I have my "S4K" model and SOLITAIRE PLUS connected to an amplifier system that costs 80 dollars. You can use a "Y" to 1/8 stereo adapter out of the editing units.

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/stor ... 1100001246
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Hey, I use that same Cambridge system, Lou.

I do use headphones for any fidelity audio work though and to sync added audio tracks to detect reverb more precisely.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

We used a pair of those Genelec monitors at our latest Roadshow... Those rather small monitors have an excellent sound. An additional amplifyer is not required. Just connect them to the RCA outs to your Casablanca.

http://www.genelecusa.com/products/2-wa ... ors/8030a/

Maybe this is something for my Xmas wish list... :lol:
Volker Hill - Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

SHHHHhhhhhhhh.............................Don't tell anybody. It's the BEST kept audio secret. :-)
TimKennelly wrote:Hey, I use that same Cambridge system, Lou.

I do use headphones for any fidelity audio work though and to sync added audio tracks to detect reverb more precisely.