tripod remote control

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
barrieBalfe
Casablanca Unit: Avio DV with pro pack SE 3.3 40 gig HD. Columbus. Photo Transfer. Panasonic MX350 camera. Panasonic DMR E-20 DVD stand alone burner-player. AMD Athlon 64 processor 2.21 GHz 2GB RAM with Casablanca link.
Claro with SE V5.2 Arabesk V3.2c, Pro Pack, 3D Shapes Professional. title effect pack 1.
recent new equipment: S3000 with Bogart SE V4; Panasonic TM900 camera

tripod remote control

Post by barrieBalfe »

Recently I saw demonstrated a Canon tripod arm remote controller. The ease and steadiness possible compared with my camera controls made me envious. Unfortunately, my camera (Panasonic NV-MX350) does not have a lanc connector which the Canon remote requires. Does anyone know if there is a tripod remote that would work with the connectors on my camera (firewire, AV, S-video?). My camera has an infra red remote, but the sensor is just below the lens and short of somehow fixing a mirror to the front of the camera I can't see how this would work. And congratulations on the new web board. It''s another milestone in the proud history of the best consumer board about.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: tripod remote control

Post by LouBruno »

Can't work except via LANC.

However, if you are industrious, you can use your remote control if it has zoom features and reflect the infra-red beam off of a mounted mirror on a tri-pod. Sounds silly? It works.

Another option is to use an OPTIC FIBER cable and let the beam travel the short length from the remote to the camera sensor.

Sounds silly again? It works too!!!!
barrieBalfe
Casablanca Unit: Avio DV with pro pack SE 3.3 40 gig HD. Columbus. Photo Transfer. Panasonic MX350 camera. Panasonic DMR E-20 DVD stand alone burner-player. AMD Athlon 64 processor 2.21 GHz 2GB RAM with Casablanca link.
Claro with SE V5.2 Arabesk V3.2c, Pro Pack, 3D Shapes Professional. title effect pack 1.

Post by barrieBalfe »

Thanks Lou. I'll investigate both suggestions.
Macromax
Casablanca Unit: S4000 Pro, Bogart 4.5c, Arabesk 5.3, Hard disk BU 1.6, Effects packs 1 to 8

Post by Macromax »

Barrie,
If I could work out how to post pictures on this forum, I will show you with a few simple pictures how I have used fiber optics for a remote on my Canon HV20. It can be used with or without a tripod and with no modifications to the IR remote or camera. Can someone tell me how I can post pictures to this forum?
Max
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The easiest way is to open up a WEBSHOT type of account if you currently do not have a website.

Upload your pictures to the site.

After uploaded, simply right click and copy

NOW.....post a reply on this site and simply click on the IMAGE icon above and PASTE between the brackets.
Macromax wrote:Barrie,
If I could work out how to post pictures on this forum, I will show you with a few simple pictures how I have used fiber optics for a remote on my Canon HV20. It can be used with or without a tripod and with no modifications to the IR remote or camera. Can someone tell me how I can post pictures to this forum?
Max
barrieBalfe

Post by barrieBalfe »

Thanks Max and Lou. And Max, if you are having as much difficulty as me (I'm trying to work out how I can mount a mirror for the infra red remote) why not put the pix in an email to me at barriebalfe@iprimus.com.au.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Post by jimmeeker »

Hey guys, we all would love to see the photos of this.

If you have the photo on a web site somewhere, just right click on the photo and then "Properties". Up will pop a dialog box which shows the url of the photo itself and not the entire web site. Highlight the photo's url and copy it to the clipboard and then past the photo's url inbetween the two IMGs in this forum and the picture from the web site will show up here, just like this photo of our favorite MSUS personality and VP in charge of Sales and Marketing for the US

Mr. Chet Davis teaching at the March Get Together last year.

That's how you do it. It was easy...right!
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Max, You have to have the pics up on a wesite to link to them to post viewable pics on this forum. There are plenty of free sites to upload photos to share publicly and or privately for this capability if you do not have your own website.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Here we go: OPTIC FIBER CABLE ATTACHED TO REMOTE TO THE FRONT INFRA-RED SENSOR

Macromax
Casablanca Unit: S4000 Pro, Bogart 4.5c, Arabesk 5.3, Hard disk BU 1.6, Effects packs 1 to 8

Post by Macromax »

This is the way I have done it. A little bit more work but it does not require a tripod and it can work on any tripod you can use it anywhere and by hand, it 100% reliable. The cable (toslink) can be unplugged and the attachments unscrewed with one screw each.