VIO 1

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

VIO 1

Post by PaulBusta »

Has anyone ever heard of this little MPEG 4 recorder? I did some reading about it and it really looks interesting. It records on a 1 or 2 gig SD card, best recording of 720x480, 30fps is 42 min. on a 1 gig card, lipstick camera with 1.5 meter cable with built in mic., records NTSC or PAL, camera and recorder good to 3 feet under water, to many other features to list here. Check it out at http://www.vio-pov.com. I was wondering how it would work with the Cassie family ESPECIALLY the new S4000Pro. This little system could really give an edge to all the action sports videographers on the forum. Chet, do you think you could have your people check this out because it's a USB 2.0 output device. Or will the S4000Pro with the Bogart OS be able to read the card directly. I'm thinking of getting a couple of these recorders for in race cars and would really like to know if they would work with the S4000Pro that I ordered. Any thoughts from anyone would be welcome.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
chetdavis
Site Admin
Casablanca Unit: S-4000 PRO, Renommee Plus, Liberty Plus

Re: VIO 1

Post by chetdavis »

Hello Paul,

I had not heard of this little device prior to your inquiry/post. I did a little reading on their website (looks like a cool gadget!)... and I read that it utilizes the MPEG4 AVI (DivX Codec). That is good news as I understood from Jorg Sprave at NAB that pretty much any video saved under a DivX Codec could be imported successfully in the new system. Though I would recommend that anyone wait for a solid confirmation that any specific new camera/format is truly compatible.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
Vice-President, Marketing & Sales
MacroSystem US
http://www.macrosystem.us
Office 303.801.1056