Files Files Files

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Files Files Files

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Lately I'm being asked about converting the video I edit for people, to send them on different file formats. They want them on MP3, AVI, or WAV file. What file format is the DVD I burn on the on my S4000/pro edit?
Is there some sort of software that I'm suppose to purchase that I can convert to different files? He wants to put a song he sang, put on You Tube. Also another song he wrote and sang at a wedding he wants a copy of it, but his publisher wants it on MP3 file. As Clifford would say, "what's up with that?"
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Files Files Files

Post by TimKennelly »

Ron,

The DVD you create is MPEG2, if you burn a audio CD it is in WAV files, if you create a Disk Transfer, Type 2 DVD it is an AVI file.

You can import MP3 audio files into Bogart (and Smart Edit later versions), but I don't believe you can export in that format.

Probably in Media Manager if it's working although I am not positive as I have never had the need.

It would be easy to create an audio CD on our system and convert it on a PC.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Thanks Tim,

I knew you would come thru. I have been asked about this a couple of time and never knew the answers.
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

That's one reason why I bought the Pro to import and export any file. But as I had mentioned before that was only to get us to buy the machine it was never going to happen just another sales technique. :evil:
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

After the frustration is out of the way this is what I do - it is the long way around but it has to do for now !!. I transfer the footage as a scene back to DV tape and load it into my PC by using the free Windows Movie Maker (or if you can get the Ethernet function going you can do it that way). Then you have one scene and go to save as and it will ask you what size you want it to save to (MB) - for sending in an Email you reduce it, for viewing on a computer leave as big as you can. This will save it to a WMV file and you can hand it over to your client. Don't know about the MP3 music file you have to use some kind of sound editing program or you might use Windows Movie Maker for that as well I have never had to try it. Good luck!
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Here;s a to/from MP3 converter software. http://tinyurl.com/krgnr9
Just type in MP3 Converter into your internet browser and you will get dozens of options, many free.