Renommee editing

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Re: Renommee editing

Post by flvideo »

Hey CK, Thank you for your response. I must be doing something wrong. When I edit with the Quadcam The book says that each scene, including all inserts will be on the Story Board as well as the scene bin for further editing. I don, seem to be able to get the scenes in the scene bin. We sho 4 races last night with 4 cameras and several went with long green runs, so the edit should be pretty good. I thank all you guys for your help. I don't absorb things as I used to LOL! Bob...
Jeanton
Casablanca Unit: Avio/Bogart 4000 Pro Bogart 2.4 Pal with twister,Quadcam,Photo Studio 2,Twixtor

Post by Jeanton »

Hi Bob

You don't do any thing wrong as the cuts will be not in the scene bin they are only in the story board. The full scene shot on that camera will be in the scene bin not the cuts you made in the storyboard it. You can make scenes out of the cuts you have made in your storyboard though. Just place it in the storyboard in the middle and press the search button it will say ( this scene could not be found would you like to restore it) just pres YES and it will make a new scene from just that cut in your scene bin. I would use the range button first as I have explained earlier in this threat - much easier than replacing scenes. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask me more questions I use this program allot and love it.

PS. If you are happy with your cuts you have made, I would make a scene of your story board and cut out the bits you don't want to burn to DVD by using the split function. If you don't know how to make a scene of your story board I am happy to explain that as well to you. :)
Jeanton
Jeantons Video Productions
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Hey Jean, Thank you for your help. I have dumped the racing in the computer and I tried to use Quadcam but in 2 trys I didn't have it synced good enough to suit me. I need to find a better way to find a sync point. I try to get the cars in the same place and trim each to that point but it seems to get off a little in each lap. I have done the first race with split and insert and I like the result. The more I work with it the better I'll get. I would hope. At my age its a steep learning curve. LOL!
Thanks again. Bob....