Sony FX-1000 Camera Question

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
chucke
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus with Smart Edit 7.0 & 8.0 and most all software on all drives

Sony FX-1000 Camera Question

Post by chucke »

I've spoke with both B&H and Armato's and have receved two different stories. The question was, can I shoot in SD and 16.9 at the same time or do I have to shoot in HD to get the 16.9? My reasoning for this is I would like to shoot in sd so I don't have to use the camera as a play back deck. At this time I have no demand for HD but I would like to have the 16.9 as a finished product.

Are there any folks using the FX-1000 and what has been your likes/dislikes and what are you using the camera for, weddings, sports, etc?

Thanks Chuck 8-)
Chuck Eichmeyer
Marthasville MO
vpone@centurytel.net

Renommee Plus w/Smart Edit 7.0 & 8.0
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Sony FX-1000 Camera Question

Post by LouBruno »

As a SONY dealer, I give lessons all the time at my camera store in regards to this question: The answer is YES. No "IF" "AND" or "buts." :-)

The FX 1000, HVR Z-5 and Z-7 all of this capability as do ALL tape driven HDV cameras. Now AVCHD flash cameras are a different story but since the FX and HVR series use HDV tape (as well as an auxiliary flash drive recorder-see below) this is never a problem.

.Press the menu button

.Using the scroll wheel...scroll to IN/OUT REC area and PRESS the scroll button

.You are now in a sub menu>REC FORMAT>DV

.Scroll down in the IN/OUT REC window to DV WIDE REC>ON

.Off will be for 4:3 but keep the above to ON.

.In this menu, you can also change to DVCAM or DV

Note: The SONY cameras are also a hybrid camera. You can attach the HVR-MRC1 Compact Flash Recorder to these cameras and record both tape and Compact Flash Cards simultaneously. AND...here is a little secret:

The SONY cameras can be set to"DOWNCONVERT" mode and RECORD HDV to tape and SD widescreen onto the HVR-MRC1 unit, again, both at the same time. OR....HDV tape and HDV COMPACT FLASH.

The .m2t files work excellent in BOGART in both my 4000PRO and 4100PRO via the Compact Flash Recorder by SONY. Well worth-it choice.

chucke wrote:I've spoke with both B&H and Armato's and have received two different stories. The question was, can I shoot in SD and 16.9 at the same time or do I have to shoot in HD to get the 16.9? My reasoning for this is I would like to shoot in sd so I don't have to use the camera as a play back deck. At this time I have no demand for HD but I would like to have the 16.9 as a finished product.

Are there any folks using the FX-1000 and what has been your likes/dislikes and what are you using the camera for, weddings, sports, etc?

Thanks Chuck 8-)
chucke
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus with Smart Edit 7.0 & 8.0 and most all software on all drives

Post by chucke »

Thanks Lou for the info.

Anybody using this camera and how do you like it?

Thanks Chuck
Chuck Eichmeyer
Marthasville MO
vpone@centurytel.net

chucke

Post by chucke »

Lou

How can I get in touch with you offline to get more detailed information on the Z5U or FX-1000?

Chuck
Chuck Eichmeyer
Marthasville MO
vpone@centurytel.net