external hard drive

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
mrbrown
Casablanca Unit: casablanca prestige, s4000 pro, final cut pro 5,cassie dv, 2 old cassie and 2 sony 2000 camcorder and one canon hf-g10 hd

Re: external hard drive

Post by mrbrown »

thanks everyone for your info,what i were saiding can i take an external hard drive loaded with video from a pc and load it on my prestige. my pc will only record video out for ten min. at the time, after 10 min. it will freeze up. i were just trying to get my project out
thanks mark
mark r. brown sr.
elizabeth city n.c.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Mark,

At the risk of repeating myself.

No, you will not be able to access that footage on an external drive with your Prestige.

On the other hand, not sure why you are limited to ten minutes and then freezing.

Have you tried rebooting your PC, turning off any anti-virus software, anti-spyware, etc, anything and everything else that you can that is running in the background while you try your transfer to see if it is a resource or ram issue with your PC?
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Mark,

It would help us if you updated you profile and listed the operating system you are running on your Prestige as well as other add-on programs.

If your operating system is one of the more recent ones you may be able to firewire directly from the pc to the Prestige. Remember that you should only connect the firewire cable while both computers are off.

You could also record from the pc to your camcorder - and then from the camcorder to your Prestige. If you are using firewire remember the warning above.
Craig Newman