Audio equalizer.

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Wayne
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro, Bogart 2.0C, Akaba, Audio fx, Ori Pack, Blue Box, 3D Shapes, Liquid Images, Shopw Options, PiP studio, Quad Cam, Photo Transfer, Surround FX1, Arabesk 4e, Blue Box World, Candy Factory, Motion Perfect, Filter Pack 1, FX 2 4 6, Magic Lights, Photo Studio 2, PiP 3D SpliotX Wedding
Steady Hand, Power Key, VGA Options, Object Tracer, Video Taste Box

Re: Audio equalizer.

Post by Wayne »

I have used the audio effects pack for a few years and it does have some welcome functions, however it does lack the ideal features for quality audio control. In addition, the denoiser does not work properly -It does a great job of removing room rumble, but it ADDS reverb. Sorry to say, it is possible to reduce the humm with other tools, but nothing is as complete and clean as a notch filter (WITHOUT adding reverb).

While on the subject, a long standing gripe is the lack of good controls for quality audio mixing. The rubberbanding is cute but clunky,inaccurate and painful to use. For over a half century professionals have been able to hear and mix all audio channels in real time for motion picture and CD programs.
Rubber banding has a good application but it is not mixing - it's best for removing high level impulse sounds.

If there are any new programs, I hope that audio engineers are consulted in the development. If you want to see over the top professional engineering, look to Sony. Now if we could only have a tiny bit of that,,,,,,,,,,
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Great suggestions Wayne. I think we have enough transitional effects to keep the audience interested and keep the video flowing, now we have to address seriously the audio portion.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I'd like to see some serious development in this area.
Craig Newman
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

I agree. I hope the developers see this.
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Even with the Audio Effects Pack audio is by far the weakest link and needs some vast improvements that I hope will come with the move to BogartSE (aka: linux).

Our audio capabilities are Fisher Price compared to most PC and Mac competition.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Maybe this is not the right place, and I am not a developer but I am a user, too... what audio features would you like to see and what are missing?
For example if you want to have a timeline based editing system like you have on your PC, this will be very complex and complicated compared to the easy to learn storyboard based system. Take a look at CBPaint and you know what I mean. :o
So don't forget that all wishes for new features have to fit somehow into the concept of our Casablanca systems.
Volker Hill - Germany
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Volker,
When you are done demonstrating the Bogart 2 software at the IFA, please send it to me with a S4000 Pro unit. I'm still waiting for mine. E-mail me for the address, I will send you the check. :P
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

I want a 12 band per channel, +10 to -10db equalizer. Who's next?
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

We are writing the same things that we have written before. Controls that allow us to zoom in on a section of the waveform.
Craig Newman
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Those are two very basic requirements that have never been met and there are others.

Perhaps some of the intrinsically easier to use PC software is natively easier with Timeline than Storyboard and I am willing to not have those to stay with Storyboard editing and use PC timeline editing of audio as I have been doing when needed, but I cannot believe Storyboard editing is the exclusive reason for our lack of fundamentally easy and effective audio controls.

Heck, a true audio fade has eluded us for years! :o
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly