CD/DVD Printers

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Re: CD/DVD Printers

Post by flvideo »

Hey Charles what trouble have you had with Epson? The only trouble I have ever had is when they quit they are done. I get about 1 year out of each one but I print an aweful lot. I may try a Cannon next time. I have looked at them but I haven't seen one in an operation simular to mine. Bob...
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Post by Charles »

Hi Bob
Problems i remember are tray not going in,telling me no disc in tray,ink smudging,poor quality print,it was my local PC dealer who advised me to switch to Canon and as he was doing on average 500 to 1000 discs per week i listened.

I've two models the ip4200 and the all in one mp600 and touch wood no problems so far.
Regards
Charles
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I have yet to have a problem with one of my Epsons. One problem if you can call it that when a cartridge runs out of ink in the middle of a print job you have pretty well lost that print. It almost never starts where it left off. They don't last a terribly long time. When they are done you get a message telling you the internal parts of your printer have failed. It is cheaper to buy a new one than try to fix it. I have a friend that has a long bed Cannon and he loves it. He prints poster size with it. I would think 500 to 100 discs a week would be a diffinative test alright. I shall look at a cannon next time. Do you get them on line? Bob...
Charles

Post by Charles »

I buy all my PC stuff from a local shop,his knowledge more than makes up for the few extra pounds i may pay plus he sends work my way.

Don't know if you have small shops in the US but if you have a local PC shop i would ask them about altering a Canon printer so it can print discs if they are getting a sale should be quite happy doing it.

I've read about a" fix "for the Epson printers to over ride the warning and from all accounts they carry on working quite happy,if i can find it i will post the link here
Regards
Charles
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Yes Charles I'd be interested in that article. I have gone thru 5 printers in 6 years. Mind you I only paid $89 for 4 of them and I think $125 for the other. I have one in reserve. The ink is expensive. One of my printers An R220 I think it was, went down wiuth that warning and I had just replaced 4 of the 6 cartridges. I had to tear it apart with a hammer and pliers to get the ink carts out of it. The ink in a set for it is $60 and I wasn't about to throw that thing away with all that ink. My wife thought I went bonkers. I was on the tailgate of my truck tearing this printer apart..Bob...
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

I can see your have the gentle touch Bob, must be your artistic side. :lol:

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
Charles

Post by Charles »

flvideo wrote: I was on the tailgate of my truck tearing this printer apart..Bob...
Please tell me your wife was filming you !

Can't find the article but a friend has it as a win zip file complete with instructions it's for a r200 if any use just send me your e-mail address and i'll send it to you.
Regards
Charles
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Just Google "Epson printer problem" and you will be amazed what comes up. I used the "FIXYA" site to find a solution to my Epson 380 "parts at end of serviceable life" problem, worked perfectly. I get ink for my R280 from http://www.supermediastore.com, they work great and it's free shipping with orders over $25, I buy all my TY disks from them too.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

No she wasn't filming me. I made sure all my cameras were accounted before I pulled that stunt. Don't want any evidence laying around when they start making a case to commit me to the nut house. That thing was well made I had a time getting to the ink. I bet the garbage man scratched his head too. Looked like a bear was looking in it for honey. I would be interested in that file. flvideo50@hotmail.com. And Paul I'll check out that site for ink too. I could always use cheaper ink. I have bought from a company called LD Ink and they seem good. I have been a little leary of them. If I am printing photographs I try to use Epson ink. I just thought of something too. It had been so long I had forgotten. Epsons do not print well on any other paper than Epson. It smudges streaks you name it, Its terrible. With Epson paper I have never had a problem. The R200 was my first epson I think. It gave me the "End of serviceable life" speech at its demise. Much like Obama wants to do with us old folks. Bob...
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Thanks Paul, I found a bunch of stuff on the Super media site. Have you bought any electronic from them? I was looking at a little duplicator, 1X5 , it looks good at a good price. I have been thinking of buying a back up. Mine has its tounge out most of the time. And when it goes down I am dead in the water. The epson ink prices are very good. The remanufactored prices are even better. Have you used their remanufactored ink carts? I bookmarked it and I will be back there soon. Thanks Bob...