Photo editing software

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
trobertson
Casablanca Unit: s2000

Photo editing software

Post by trobertson »

Is there a software program that will allow you to pan or zoom a photo in between transitions somewhat like Imovie does. (The photo was not originally panned across or zoomed in on ) This is a real nice feature for a photo montage. I recently saw this kind of photo slide show at a memorial service and it has a nice soft effect that goes well with the occasion.
dixons
Casablanca Unit: S4000pro
Canon XHA1
Sony DCR SR-72
Sony GV-HD700/1 Recorder

Re: Photo editing software

Post by dixons »

http://www.photodex.com is the source for 'ProShow Gold4' programme. This might be worth a look. I've always found it to be extremely flexible re transitions etc.

dixons
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

Of course, if your looking to do photo animations on your casablanca, then you can use Photostudio 2. You can try it out in demo mode on your unit.
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

Post by TomHajewski »

If you are doing a lot of stills, ProShow Gold is the way to go. There are more than 200 transitions available and you can pan, zoom, etc. during the transition.

If you are only doing a few stills and are combining them with video, Photo Studio Is O.K. but you don't get the same range as you do with ProShow.
Tom Hajewski
trobertson

Post by trobertson »

Thanks for the tip....... I'll be sure to check this software out.
trobertson

Post by trobertson »

TomHajewski wrote:If you are doing a lot of stills, ProShow Gold is the way to go. There are more than 200 transitions available and you can pan, zoom, etc. during the transition.

If you are only doing a few stills and are combining them with video, Photo Studio Is O.K. but you don't get the same range as you do with ProShow.

How would you go about using Pro show gold with your Casablanca ?? Sorry I am not that savvy when it comes to using any unit besides my Kron Plus for videos
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

Post by jeffphilips »

You would create it proshow gold and then import it into the cassie if you want to combine that with other video or stills on the cassie. If you do not need to combine it, you just output it to dvd or .wmv or whatever format you want directly from your pc.
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

It depends a bit on your PC, if it has analog (RCA or better yet YC) output you could go directly from the PC into the KronPlus.

One person mentioned online that they burn the DVD on ProShow and then import it using Ksebara and that it works great.

Another said they had tried that and did not like the results.

You can certainly burn the DVD on the PC (use the High Quality or if you have a DVD player that can handle it use Maximum Quality) and then play it into the Kron Plus with a stand alone DVD player through the analog inputs or if you have a analog to digital converter (either dedicated or a cam with the feature built in like most Sony cams do) you could use that to firewire it in.

If you are producing a stand alone production like a Memorial Video there frankly is no need to even involve your KronPlus as Pro Show Gold is capable of color and image correction, motion, filters, framing and other IP Effects as well as you can add songs, burn the DVD, create an auto exec file that will play on any PC or even create a video version for the net all without involving your KronPlus.

The ease and automation of ProShow is one I have suggested Jörg grab and reverse engineer for our machines for several years.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
TomHajewski
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with most of the software. SE 7.

Post by TomHajewski »

Sorry for the delay in responding; I haven't logged in for awhile.

To get the Pro Show video into your Kron, you would do exactly as Tim says. I usually do a video with four or five songs and treat each song as a separate "chapter" in Pro Show. I record it onto a re-recordable CD or DVD and play it into my Prestige. That gives me four or five scenes in the scene bin. Each scene has a song and 40 or 50 still pics, depending on the length of the music. All the editing and timing of the stills takes place in Pro Show

I then put each scene onto the storyboard. I simply connect the scenes with fades, titles or captions, etc. to get the result I want. Then print to a DVD using Arabesk. It's very easy and the results are great.

You could do the whole show in Pro Show, like Tim says, but I like to put it all together in my Prestige so I can control better what happens between the scenes.
Tom Hajewski