Sennheiser Wireless Mic's

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Sennheiser Wireless Mic's

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Where do you find a site to purchase the new FCC approved wireless mic's for video cameras? I mean the ones you mount your receiver on your camera. My old Samson wireless unit is no longer FCC approved, but it still works fine. I PREFER THE SENNHEISER Mics.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Re: Sennheiser Wireless Mic's

Post by flvideo »

Ronald I just bought a pair of senheisers at B&H. I don't use them much. They are so senitive and I haven't learned to adjust them properly yet. I have 4 Audio technica's that work well although their range is limited. Bob...

I might add that when I have gone out of range its been on a race track with the transmitter in the press tower on their board. They have never gone out of range inside a building. Bob...
ChrisStone
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus w/SE8 and all software

Post by ChrisStone »

As a side note, Sennheiser is doing a fairly decent trade in program, even for non-sennheiser products.

Click here for the details. http://tinyurl.com/qkgch2
Chris Stone
Etched In Stone Video Productions
Renommee + SE9, All software, Panasonic AF100 Panasonic AG-160,
Adobe Production Suite CS6
Member # 5
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Thanks for the information Cris, that was helpful.

But now I'm confused (easily done) when ordering new wireless mic's for video cameras. What MHZ frequency bandwidth was I supost to stay away from?
I'm looking at wireless mics that they are sell in the 800 MHZ band, and according to what I read about the information that Cris sent, I must NOT use a wireless unit in the 698 to 806 MHZ band. But they are still selling them.

What is the bandwidth that I must stay away from. What should I look for when purchasing a new system
ChrisStone

Post by ChrisStone »

Ronald
If you go to a dealer such as BandH Photo, you'll find that they sell several brands of wireless systems such as the Sennheiser EW100 ENG G3 kit or the Sony UWP-V6 that are all below the 698 – 806 MHz spectrum.

Sennheiser http://tinyurl.com/lclewp

Sony http://tinyurl.com/lhapnt
Chris Stone
Member # 5
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

Interesting discussion. I own two wireless Samson sets that work in the 801-805 range. Short of tossing them out and replacing (which I don't plan to do), what implications should I expect if I continue to use them? I haven't found any prohibitions mentioned on any websites I've Googled. :?:
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
ChrisStone

Post by ChrisStone »

Here's some info on the subject from Sennheiser.

http://tinyurl.com/n5bpja

I attended an audio seminar last year and this topic was discussed in detail. What they said was basically you don't have to worry about "Men in Black" agents from the FCC using direction finders to track you down at your wedding shoot and arresting you. (of course that was said before the current administration ;) ) But as the 700 mhz channels start getting used by AT&T, Verizon, and Qualcomm for expanded services, your wireless system will be subject to much interference and severely diminished range.
Chris Stone
Member # 5
RonaldPawlak

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Thanks again Cris, your information has been extremely helpful. For a while I thought no one was going to respond. I passed all the information to a lot of poeple in this area that have not been too informed about the new FCC requirements, or understand them. Be careful what you buy in wireless systems, companies are trying to dump their old stock to get rid of them.
JPaul
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus(NTSC) OS 6.2c/Arabesk 2/3, LaCie FWHD, most software; Sony PD-150s

Post by JPaul »

OK, Chris, that helps. I don't do professional video anymore but on occasion I will use the mikes for family/hobby applications. If I get interference, so be it - I've been forewarned!
Paul Tessier - Northern Virginia
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

You guys got me thinking so I got my Sennheisers out and they are EW 100G2. their Freq range is 626 to 662 MHz. Those Freq's aren't being taken over by phone co's are they? I have only had them about 3 months. Thanks Bob...