flIP

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
jeffphilips
Casablanca Unit: Renomee Plus, SE 7

flIP

Post by jeffphilips »

Just wondering if the flip cameras can be used with any of the systems? Anyone know?
Jeff Philips
In Focus Studios
Raleigh/Durham
North Carolina
Cassie user since 1999
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: flIP

Post by BobFoster »

Yes. You can get further information from "Casablanca Expert" website here: http://www.casablancaexpert.com/search? ... ip+cameras
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Jeff,

As Bob indicated, I do have a tutorial on my website related to the use of the Flip Video camera/s with Casablanca. The long & short of it is that since the output of the Flip cameras are not a DV or composite video signal but rather a data file you would have to convert to use with Smart Edit. They are compatible with the Bogart OS either bringing in via the Media Manager or with the newer OS you can load via the Record Menu (USB icon).

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

The FLIP HD version has to be imported via the MM side in 2.4C. In BOGART 3.0, I understand that it will be imported via the BOGAR Tside. it is a variant of the MP 4 codec.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Thanks for that clarification Lou -- I have just the SD version of the Flip camera and it also must come in thru the Media Manager and then brought over via the Archives button.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Thanks Chet. I thought the FLIP SD could be imported via the BOGART side. Moot point in BOGART 3.0......when it is released.
CasablancaExpert wrote:Thanks for that clarification Lou -- I have just the SD version of the Flip camera and it also must come in thru the Media Manager and then brought over via the Archives button.

Regards,
Chet