Another situation

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Another situation

Post by Franklinbencosme »

We are lagging far behind the technological changes that are happening on the market of videos... :|

Ok the world of the 3d is pretty cool, but at least in the video industry is wedding what I do, we can not provide a reliable BLUE RAY, since the only one that I offered was returned in 12 hours, what happened? so please no .. :roll: 3D at this time

Was seen at a play station 3, and the first criticism of the client was not having a menu like that all the BLUE RAY seen in other wedding videos, he wonder about the chapters and I said cooming soon..... :oops:

Well this is a criticism from a client to my final product, it has given me much sadness.... :cry:

Will MS be in the market in 2011,since the technology is going very FAST :?: ....I HOPE ... :(

Franklin

s-pro 4000...2.4c yes, blablabla sofware
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Blu-ray Chapters and Menus

Post by TimKennelly »

I certainly understand the frustration, but if Jorg wants to play with 3D software that is fine, it is his company and if there is a market for that, all the better,go for it.

However, I have to strongly agree with Franklin that on a system specifically hyped and sold as a "professional", Blu-ray equipped, HDV/ACHDV editor it is ridiculous that we still cannot create a Blu-ray with menus and chapters!

How stupid is that?!?

There are $50 PC programs that have been out for over a year that can do this. . .
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Another situation

Post by CKNewman »

I just read the thread above on Blu-Ray discs here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=577&start=0

It may be that chaptering was limited or even impossible until the continuous playback problem was solved. If that problem has indeed been solved then authoring capability may not be too far off. I think there should be a smilie with fingers crossed. :D
Craig Newman
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

The clock is ticking and there is no positive changes in the Casablanca line of video editors, not only can not do BLUE RAY to compete with our colleagues, but remember some of the promises of the s-Pro 4000 was that we could capture at the same time at least 3 tapes which at that time was another attraction to convince us that this was the machine to buy.

The first thing we need is STABILITY on the operating sistem and then NEWS FILTERS like a say before las time a new filters sofware como to MS was 6 years a go an now what,more maps or 3D? you must be joking.

Long time I did not write, then frustration pushed me to write facts that I know many more people find this happening and more with this product, this does not mean I do not like the concept that for years has characterized casablanca, just my right to not be blind and realize that time goes by and not see a positive horizon.
Just ask to be respected as we have been loyal customers for years, time will tell if I was right ABOUT the future of MS.....

If the economy ( tickets from my country $ 800), allows me to go to MGT 2010 and would say so many things rather than for ethical reasons not to write them here

Thanks for your 3D time.............Franklin

ps-The best team works in Boulder, what will happend if someday every body is gone???.. :o
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

BRING BACK CB PAINT 2 FOR STARTERS.

I know I have a redundant complaint but every filter and professional tool is located in CB PAINT. Filters NOT found in our effects pack are present in CB PAINT as well as the professional manipulation of the filter effects.

CB PAINT: Everything from NEW filters to rototracking........professional bluebox.......cutting out LIVE animation........actually placing PARTICLES onto a scene.........Z spacing................layering.................erasing portions of video.......................everything found in ADOBE.

We lost this capability with the introduction of the Gen 3 editing systems. We are "talking about" an expensive layout of money prior to this introduction that is not being carried over. I even invested money in the WACOM tablet, which is totally useless now.

If we can get CB PAINT back, this will bring our software into the 21st Century. I am really annoyed at losing CB PAINT and I hope someone realizes the frustration that other CB PAINTER'S are experiencing as well.

I find 3D intriguing but find CB PAINT to be practical for editing. I consider the lack of CB PAINT a step backwards as it elevated our work to a different plateau-a professional plateau!
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Lou,
this is exactly the same situation I'm in which you just have re-viewed.
Waiting for CBPaint Release for Bogart almost 2 years now.
And yes, I also have invested in now useless WACOM table.
The "Coming Soon" period is overused a long time by now.
MS has to react.
OK, CBPaint is a powerful program and useful for many features as
Lou has stated above.
But when it's to big for Linux-Rewriting, why can't it be released featuring
only special features for additional editing help?
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

I know how you guys feel about purchasing the WACOM pad for CB Paint and have not been able to use it. I wanted to purchase one also, however, I thought the TWISTER program and controller at the time, was a better investment. That was $200.00 that's laying on the pile with the other useless outdated equipment that is no longer usable.

And how about all the software that I purchase that can only use in the DEMO mode on my S-4000 Pro, that also is money down the drain. I know, I know, "it's coming", so is Christmas, but what year.
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

I hope the increasing sense of frustration that comes across here and in other posts is being noticed by MS. If it was my business I would feel obliged to respond. Do they know how we feel? Yes I know they have had and do have problems. What ever the issues, they do not seem to have a clue how to keep us on board.

Alan
Franklinbencosme

Colleagues, in my case I would have liked to have had any experience with the
CB paint, on the one hand I'm not all that suffering as if it had, in the previous generation of CASABLANCA
in my opinion (hopefully wrong), the peoples from
MS germany, this product will mean very little monetary gain and maybe this would be one of the reasons for which CB paint has not been relaunched.

Anyway, I hope not only that product, but many more that should have our machines publishers, in the immediate future must be launched.

I insist that they are obsolete in terms of improvements in software most frequently used for better presentation of whatever the type of video you do ....

Thanks again for your AVATAR,oops sorry 3D time.........Franklin
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Post by JohnKleban »

CB Paint is not a practical program for most; that is the bottom line.

I think I heard the sale totals on CB pain to be about 25, a bomb in sales in all regards. Other than Lou Bruno, Volker and Chris Stone (who I think may have left the Cassie family), I couldn't tell you one other person using that program. So, based on that, what's the point in spending more resources on a program used by 25 people? Frankly, of that amount, I bet some once they bought it, never really played much more with it - it simply is NOT practical for those of us who get paid to make video productions and have to watch the clock per hour; as that program was so slow and intensive to run, almost like doing a "Birdie" affect of 20 seconds that took him 3-4 days to do; nice to watch, but not practical in the real world.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras