Transfer HD Program to HD Rec.Plyr

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Transfer HD Program to HD Rec.Plyr

Post by RonaldPawlak »

I have completed a HD project on my S4000/Pro and want to transfer it to my new HD 700 cassette tape rec/plyr for archiving purposes.

My question is, do I use the 1394 output, or the firewire output, of the editor, using the i LINK cable of the S-4000/Pro to keep in the HD?
Will it still maintain the HD quality or will it be just DV quality? I do have both cables, I just want to know which is the best one to use.
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Transfer HD Program to HD Rec.Plyr

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Ronald,

Unless I am mis-understanding your question, IEEE1394 is the technical term for DV (firewire). HDV is only truly transmitted in it's native form via DV - so yes, you would use the DV/Firewire cable to connect between your S4000 and your deck (as long as it accepts HDV signals). I am not familiar with that deck, but it may require a menu/button selection to accept HDV over any other format.

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Agreed, 1394 and firewire is the same thing.

You can certainly transfer HDV via firewire to your deck.

Just make sure your receiving deck is set to the HDV format.

PS - The Create in Finish will take a looooooong time : :cry: D, but this is necessary prior to exporting to tape.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

Hey Ronald! I have the HD 700 works perfectly with the S-4000.
Remenber have it in HDV, and dow convert off...
good luck..Franklin.... ;)
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

You can keep DOWNCONVERT set to ON. It is only for outputting. I use the 700 when my HD project is completed. I use the FINISH window in HDV and transfer in HDV to the 700.

Then I re-import in SD to a SD 16:9 project (downconvert) to get better ARABESK DVD's as it relates to clarity.

The HD downconverts via the 4000/4100 need improvement. It is currently being addressed.

Until then- The aforementioned is a workaround until such time the quality increases using the internal method.
craigpeer
Casablanca Unit: Portable TV Studio, Bogart 13,
Canon HV30 cameras

Post by craigpeer »

Ya, now that I've figured out how to downconvert from my camcorder to my new S 4100, that really is the fastest and best method. Edit in HDV, record the finished video back to tape in your cam / deck for an HDV Master tape. Then you can reload it into your Casablanca editor in the future either in HDV for Blu Rays, or downconverted to DV for regular DVD's. Works great !!!
Portable TV Studio, Bogart 13