.asf format to DVD

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
Keith
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, 7.x OS, most software

.asf format to DVD

Post by Keith »

My niece asked me the following:

"These [videos] are from a normal little hand-held digital camera, which most of them today take “movies” along with pictures. On Amber’s camera – the pictures come off as *.jpg, but the movies are *.asf file format. I can copy them from the camera to the computer – and can view them on the computer – but I don’t know how to put them on a DVD that someone could play on a television. Not everyone has a computer, and I don’t want to be limited to viewing them only on a computer."

I have never tried converting these types of video to a DVD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

On another note; While registering for the BB, I tried to use my first and last name as my user name, but it would not accept both names, just my first. Any solution to that? In the old BB one could go to profile and edit it. I haven't been able to find that option here yet.

Keith Wiggers
Burlington, WA
Keith Wiggers
Burlington, Washington
AvioDV, Solitaire, SE 7.x, most software
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Re: .asf format to DVD

Post by Charles »

Hi Keith
There are various file converters out there some free some not,do a search on Google"asf to avi ",have never used any so can't suggest one.
Regards
Charles
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the first question but I can with the second one. You had to make your name one word... KeithWiggers, like that. Look at mine. :)
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Keith,

Paul is correct, the system does not recognize the space character (among others) so you have to run your first and last name as one as you will now notice lots of us have. 8-)

Your name is linked to your e-mail address and is not user changeable.

You could start a new account and delete the old one.

If you want to do that you will want to change the e-mail address in the first one first (you can just make up one as you are going to delete this after establishing your full name one) as two accounts cannot use the same e-mail address.

Then establish the full name account and delete the original.

I am not saying you have to do this, but that is how to do it if you decide you want to.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thanks Charles. I will telll my niece to follow a google search for software for the conversion. I was hoping that someone had experience with a specific software.

And thank you Paul and Tim. Now I know why the names are slurredtogether :D.

I did find how to edit in profile, so hopefully my signature will be more complete now. I will see with this post.

Keith
Keith Wiggers
Burlington, Washington
MartinWilson
Casablanca Unit: Solitaire / Prestige / Avio DV x 2 v4 / Basic Avio x 2 v1

Post by MartinWilson »

Keith,

Does this camera come with AV out, many small stills cameras that take video do. I have just copied videos out from my stills camera to my Avio, edited them and put them on to DVD.
Martin

GTFC Video

Goole, East Yorkshire, England
Keith

Post by Keith »

Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't even seen this camera, so I don't know if it has video out. I assume it does. However, I will not be doing the editing. They want to download their video to their computer and burn a DVD. Real basic home video. My digital camera exports video in avi format. Too bad there is not more standardisation (sp?), but that would be a novel idea wouldn't it!?

I will be seeing the camera next week at a family get-together near Davenport. I will experiment .

I wish the timing was a bit different, esp. since I was not able to get to Jim's Davenport meeting last March. :cry:
Keith Wiggers
Burlington, Washington