Bencosme
Casablanca Unit: Renonmee plus, Solitaire

XHA1 LOW LIGTH???

Post by Bencosme »

I am planing this year to change to HD, please I whant your honest opinion
about this camera at low ligth SCENARIO.........Thanks Franklin

3 pd-170 R.plus
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: XHA1 LOW LIGTH???

Post by LouBruno »

I think first we have to establish what is low light. Is a catering hall that is dark as a cave the right venue for this camera? Yes and No. With proper lighting the camera has a decent low light capability. The XHA-1 is touted as a prosumer camera. Actually, I do not believe this to be the case. Knowledge of Iris, shutter, zebra stripe controls etc are essential for the operation of this camera. There are also 20 presets that can be downloaded via an SD card to the XHA-1 which effect the picture colorimetry. Using the camera in the GREEN FULL AUTO mode or AGC produces grain for the amatuer. The camera shines in many respects. The iris control is on the lens where it should be. Color balance can be auto, manual , preset and even manually tuned-in to match other cameras.

This camera is NOT a PD-170 picture quality in regards to low light. It can't be because of the amount of SMALL pixels needed to produce a high quality HDV picture on the 1/3 inch chipsets. My best advice to you is : If you are going to keep shooting in 4:3, then keep your PD 170....which is a great low light camera. If you want to FUTURE PROOF yourself then you should consider this camera as it has 4:3 SD and TRUE 16:9 SD capabilities as well as HDV. This camera is the "best bang for the buck" unless you go for the higher priced cameras which are in the 6K realm. We have sold over a million dollars worth of these cameras and have received only 5 cameras or so back due to owners wanting more light sensitivity compared to the current cameras. I give lessons twice a week on this camera and most, if not all situations revolve around individuals not reading the manual or plain user error.

ANYWAY.... These current cameras will be obsolete in a few years as everything is going over to widescreen production.

Your BEST BET is to rent the camera first and have a knowledgeable salesperson teach the operation of this camera. It should never be placed in default mode in the custom settings.

Good Luck.
Bencosme
Casablanca Unit: Renonmee plus, Solitaire

Post by Bencosme »

ok. this is my scenario
All my wedding are during the nigth but were are allowed to use lights during the church and reception (if necessary) Brides and grom don't care.
Any way we use on camera ligths (microlite from panels and sony-10/20 ) most of the time so this is not a problem.

Lou what is your gain preset during low lights situation whit out grain picture?

Thanks in advance ..........Franklin from Dominican Republic

Solitaire-R-plus- waiting for my S 4000 PRO (hope new slow motion soon)
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

6db.......................but it is a fine grain. I can knock it out with CB PAINT 2.
Bencosme wrote:ok. this is my scenario
All my wedding are during the nigth but were are allowed to use lights during the church and reception (if necessary) Brides and grom don't care.
Any way we use on camera ligths (microlite from panels and sony-10/20 ) most of the time so this is not a problem.

Lou what is your gain preset during low lights situation whit out grain picture?

Thanks in advance ..........Franklin from Dominican Republic

Solitaire-R-plus- waiting for my S 4000 PRO (hope new slow motion soon)