Using Sonicfire Pro 4.5

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
JohnYoung
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus, OS 6.2C, most of the software and Avio DVD OS 4.1D

Using Sonicfire Pro 4.5

Post by JohnYoung »

Can we use SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 4.5 with our editing systems? If we can, how do we use it with our systems? Probably an easy answer but before I purchase I want to make sure it will work with my system.
I have a Renommee Plus with 6.2c OS.

Thanks,
John
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Re: Using Sonicfire Pro 4.5

Post by TimKennelly »

I use it often, but it is not as fluid as having the editor right on the PC and having it be one directly interactive with SFP4.

You can firewire or Disk Transfer your project over to your PC to use it more directly with SFP4 which if you want to take intimate advantage of the Mood Mapping feature would probably be the most accurate, albeit not the most convenient way.

I have occasionally "cheated" when playing with the Mood Mapping and play back on the Solitaire monitor while playing the audio in SFP4 on the PC simultaneously to tweak the MM.

However, I normally just figure out the duration of a song piece I want, create it in SFP4, render it to a WAV file and CD burn it with Ashampoo Burning Studio.

Then place the CD in the Solitaire burner and digitally input it and add it to the Storyboard.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
JohnYoung
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus, OS 6.2C, most of the software and Avio DVD OS 4.1D

Re: Using Sonicfire Pro 4.5

Post by JohnYoung »

Thanks Tim for the reply. I thought that was how we would have to do it, but rather check first than be sorry. Still a good option.

Thanks,

John