Try not to laugh to hard but.....

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Try not to laugh to hard but.....

Post by PaulBusta »

I have this problem see....I turned on my editing LCD monitor and started editing when suddenly a little baby spider went scurrying across the screen, no problem. I reached up and squished it, but it kept moving so I squished it harder this time but it still kept moving. So I got up real close to the screen and SQUISH!!!! It stopped moving but it wasn't squished :evil: Then I realized that the little bugger was BETWEEN the LCD panel and the backlight, I think that's how they work anyway. So now the baby spider hasn't moved in a couple of days so I think it's dead but now I have this dead little baby spider in plain view while I edit. My question is...how do I remove that dead little baby spider from the monitor screen :roll:
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Re: Try not to laugh to hard but.....

Post by jimmeeker »

Gee Paul,

I guess you'll have to debug the system......right!

Sorry my friend, I just had to say that.

Hope to see you again next March.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

OOOoooooohhhhh....... :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Craig Newman
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Luckily you don't need web access with your editor or you would now be in real trouble. LOL

Seriously, I think you have a problem without a ready solution as that layer is sealed to keep dust and such from being a problem.

On the other hand, how did the spider get in.

You might try using compressed air to see if you can find a seam/crack somewhere to at least blow the remnants to a far less distracting edge or even beyond the viewable portion Paul.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Yeah....it is kinda creepy looking :o :lol: Thanks Tim, already tried that. Anybody ever have the back of a LCD monitor off? It is a "BUGGY" problem :lol: :lol:
Paul Busta

TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Man, I have heard about dead pixel problems with LCD screens, but . . .

Have you tried Akaba?

I know it can be removed using CB Paint! :D
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Maybe you can update the firmware of the LCD screen or perform a reset somehow.... :D :D
Volker Hill - Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

CB PAINT fixes everything including dead spiders. It works better than a can of RAID.
PaulBusta wrote:I have this problem see....I turned on my editing LCD monitor and started editing when suddenly a little baby spider went scurrying across the screen, no problem. I reached up and squished it, but it kept moving so I squished it harder this time but it still kept moving. So I got up real close to the screen and SQUISH!!!! It stopped moving but it wasn't squished :evil: Then I realized that the little bugger was BETWEEN the LCD panel and the backlight, I think that's how they work anyway. So now the baby spider hasn't moved in a couple of days so I think it's dead but now I have this dead little baby spider in plain view while I edit. My question is...how do I remove that dead little baby spider from the monitor screen :roll:
PaulBusta

Post by PaulBusta »

Ohhhhh Lou :P CB Paint can't fix this, it's on my work screen and don't give me that old "well switch to the one monitor screen and it will be fixed then". :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Busta

Beachy
Casablanca Unit: Avio/DVD. Ver.9.1 candy factory, DVD Arabesk V4.1. Effects packs 5 6 7 8 particle magic,Pip-studio V1.0 and a Very, very old reliable, Avio 3.6c.
Cameras.CannonXL1, Sony DCR-TVR950E, Sony DSR-PD150P

Post by Beachy »

The answer to me is obvious!!! Place the barrel of a 12bore rifle 7 cm from the spider...pull trigger...Hey presto! the spider will disappear! I wonder someone hadnt thought of this simple remedy before...Beachy :D :D :D
Beachy
AKA Lord Sherrington