Cassie Audio CD to PC Issue

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Cassie Audio CD to PC Issue

Post by IanPearson »

I have a strange problem, (no, no not that one) :roll: which to date I do not understand, nor have I a solution.

I have an acquaintance that asked if I could make a CD, ultimately for multi production, from audio tapes. He sings in a holiday venue and wants to sell CD’s of his act. I agreed to look at the single CD authoring for him to arrange mass production.

I transferred the songs to my Solitaire, split, trimmed, used the audio effects to do some improvements (reverb, volume, tone, etc.) listed the song list and made a CD.

So far, so good, but since he wants to mass produce, I copied the CD onto my PC and burnt a disc using iTunes and also Roxio.

Whilst the Solitaire generated CD plays fine on all my CD players, CD’s burnt using any of the PC programs have a problem. They will play each of the tracks fine if they are selected individually (that is if say track 3 is selected, it plays no problem) however, if the CD is left to play from track 1, (i.e. listening to the CD from the beginning) the start of each track from 2 onwards will start to play for about 2secs, stop and start again, this time continuing to play.

However, using iTunes from my PC, all the tracks play as normal.

I have tried using both my PC and lap top, a friends PC, all to no avail. I have re-mastered the Solitaire tracks, switched them to a different project using clip board, re-burnt several CD’s, all with the same result.

Summing up, there appears to be an issue in transferring a Casablanca produced CD to a PC and then reproducing a PC generated CD. I am not sure if it does not like the effects I have added, the silence I used for the gaps, or what.

Any views or suggestions ( in relation to this issue of course) :) would be gratefully received.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Cassie Audio CD to PC Issue

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Ian,

I've done what you describe with no problem going from the master created in my Kron Plus to a PC using Nero. I did not use the program to add two seconds of silence, I just left a bit of silence at the beginning and end of each track.

Just curious, what did you monitor the project on as you were adding reverb, etc.?
Craig Newman
IanPearson
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Post by IanPearson »

Hi Craig
Thanks for the reply.

I use the VGA set up and have a head set plugged into my TV monitor to check the audio. This silences the TV speakers and gives me a fair audio quality for monitoring. I have on occasions used this audio jack to feed the audio into a audio amplifier and speaker system, but I find the head set gives me all the audio quality I require.

Ian
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

Ian,

When you say "burned with iTunes" are you ripping the Songs with iTunes and then creating the CD or using it in another way?
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
IanPearson
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Post by IanPearson »

Hi Tim
Yes I am importing the Solitaire CD into iTunes, which is ripping, to use another expression. I also did the same using Roxio, both with the same result.

It is strange that the Solitaire version plays normally on any CD player, but after importing to iTunes or Roxio and then burning a CD from either, the problem arises.

The reason I have done this is that when I sent the Solitaire CD to another party for copying, he used Windows Media Player and had the same problem???

Ian