Sony PMW-EX1

For all those great, but off-Casablanca-editing, topics
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Sony PMW-EX1

Post by JBrooks »

Hello fellow Casablanca fans. I have been hired to shoot some Hurricane IKE damage in the Houston/Beaumont Texas area next week. I will be shooting with the very popular Sony XDCAM EX1 camera. I know that MS is working on supporting this camera and format. Currently, the only way to import the footage is to record in the DV 25 "HDV" mode with the camera and then you can input the footage to our Casablancas via firewire in real time. This camera will record in the very high quality DV 35 bitrate mode at "Full HD" 1920x1080. I will be glad when our Casablancas can utilize the SxS flash cards via the card reader/writer so that we will be able to record and input at the highest HD quality faster than real time.

I will be leaving on Monday-Thursday.

Thanks,

Joel Brooks
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Re: Sony PMW-EX1

Post by PaulBusta »

So Joel... how was the shoot?
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

The shoot went well. I am amazed at the picture quality of this new camera. I was able to capture the total devestation of south Texas coastline in the town of Crystal Beach. It looked like a war zone. Cars were tossed like toys upside down and filled with mud. Debris scattered everywhere. I was able to capture an alligator (DEAD) belly up on the beach shoreline.

Thanks for asking.

Joel Brooks
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
PaulBusta
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS, with much software.

Post by PaulBusta »

Thanks Joel, I'll bet it was tough to see all that.
Paul Busta

P.A.B. Digital Video Productions
S4000Pro & Bogart V2.1e OS with much software.
Casablanca user since 1997.